Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Address not found

Post by rbv715
I am trying to set up a trip and Waze cannot find the following address:

Embassy Suites Memphis
1022 South Shady Grove Road, Memphis, Tennessee, 38120, USA
rbv715

POSTER_ID:7179711

Send a message

Post by CBenson
If I search for "Embassy Suites Memphis," waze brings up 1022 S Shady Grove Rd, Memphis, TN under the Bing tab with no problem. Seems to route fine to it from where I am.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Where are you? What locations does waze give you?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Waze has never been able to provide routes for destinations over 1000 miles distant. If you are in Northern Jersey, Memphis might be just out of range.

The Google and Bing tabs used to return result for cross-country searches, but you couldn't route to the results. That doesn't seem to be case anymore. I'm guessing that waze currently just doesn't deal with anything more than 1000 miles away.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I don't know of any plans. However, I must say that if routing to locations over 1000 miles would it any way degrade the current results, I hope waze does not do it. Waze is primarily a commuting app. Its primary feature is gathering the data from others on the road ahead of you to allow waze to route you around traffic and show the road conditions. The traffic 1000 miles out isn't exactly relevant when calculating a route. As long as waze can route you for as far as you will drive in a single leg of a trip, it seems to me that waze is doing just fine. However, I don't understand why this would be a deal breaker for you, so maybe there are good reasons to extend the range.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
Presumably you are not driving 1000 miles in one day (14 hours of driving at 70 mph) so you need to set a route to somewhere else first. Then from the intermediary location you will be able to route to your destination.

Beware that Waze is not always the best solution for longer trips.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by HazyJMac
This may have already been covered... But are there any plans to extend the range of the search Feature. Kinda makes it a deal breaker for me. Love the app otherwise.
HazyJMac
Send a message

Post by rbv715
I tried searching for "Embassy Suiets Memphis" and it still does not come up, I dont even get locations in the right state
rbv715
Send a message

Post by rbv715
I am in NJ and I am getting results back in SC and IL.
rbv715
Send a message

Post by rbv715
Ok I was wondering if that was the case, I am in south Jersey but I am still over 1000 miles away, hopefully as I get closer it will be able to find my location - thanks for your help
rbv715
Send a message