Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by Dave2084
There's also BWOC that needs adding to the list, I'm not sure how many they have but wikipeadia says 100!

http://www.bwoc.co.uk/
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by Dave2084
Unfortunately, where they have merged a station with one we have already created it have overwritten any Name, Address and Phone Number information already set with whatever was in the import file (which is often blank).

So glad I didn't go the whole hog and do all of Lincolnshire as I'd probably have to go round and do it again to satisfy my OCD.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
Some of the imported data is pretty out of date, especially Murco!
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
There is a website called PetrolPrices.com which already gathers petrol price information. Might it be a good idea for Waze to get together with PetrolPrices and see whether the prices on Waze could be updated from the PetrolPrices database?

PetrolPrices has one great weakness at the moment, it can only search for cheapest prices around a location, rather than along a route. Since Waze knows about routes, Waze data could be used to enhance the PetrolPrices search.

So advantages for both sides?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Timbones wrote:My feeling at the moment is a) most drivers will be looking for specific brands, b) brands won't appear in search results
Brand is a data item, so if that is what people want to search on, it would be "easy" for Waze to provide a facility to search by brand. And any search on the "brand" data item would be much more reliable than a search for petrol stations containing a specific brand in their title.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Passed a "Dragon" petrol station today. Anybody know whether this is a brand or an independent? (Not that I can record either at the moment, but if it is a brand, someone might like to ask Waze to add it to the list).

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&l ... TTTTTTTTFT
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Once all these stations are added, we can start putting in petrol prices (and probably diesel too). That will enable us to search for the cheapest stations locally.

Except that my guess is that it won't, there aren't enough Wazer's around to keep all the prices up to date.

What I think will happen is that the stations people know to be cheapest will get visited and get their prices updated. More expensive stations will be avoided and left with out-of-date prices.

Since prices on the whole tend to rise, this will lead to Waze showing the more expensive stations as cheaper, since their prices will be older. I anticipate people getting very annoyed!

How to avoid this? I think the solution is for Waze to maintain a national index of a standard price for each type of fuel by date. Then if the price for a particular station is 10 days old, Waze can look at the standard price now and 10 days ago, and make a good estimate of the likely price at this station now.

In other words, if it was charging £1.32 10 days ago when the national average price was £1.30, and the national average price is now £1.35, there is a good chance that the station will now be charging £1.37. Certainly this would be much more likely than the £1.32 on the database.

The estimated price could then be used when searching for cheapest petrol.

Does anyone else think this would be a good idea?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Do you have a problem with gas?

Giggle

David using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dknight212
hailstorm wrote:Request for parking lot road: https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... TTTTTTTTFT

Cheers
done
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
An import from files we've provided. Landmarks need to be stretched and details vetted/added.

What brands out of interest?

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status