New Community Role: Event Marshal!

Post by BellVillense
Hi everyone!

Great news! Following all the feedback we collected about Events during this year's meetups we are launching a new community role: the Event Marshal.

The intention is to positively impact communities so we are better equipped to manage traffic around special events.

We don't intend to change the awesome ways you are handling closures, but rather have an idea of the efforts going on in every community, so that we are able to offer you more support and so we have more fluid communication.

Read more about the position here, and if you're interested, sign up here.

Note, we will be going through the first round of submissions starting December 16th as we have an even more exciting announcement to share.

Feel free to leave questions and comments below. We hope you are as excited about this as we are! :D

Danny (from the Localization & Closures team) & Mauro
Event Marshal.png
(13.55 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
BellVillense
Waze Team
Waze Team

POSTER_ID:17640845

Send a message

Post by BellVillense
Hey guys, thanks for all the questions! I feel they are really important

@CoolCityCat
Quota: there's no quota from our side, and each community's coordinator will define it.
The idea is that there would be as many as needed to cover all areas/each community's needs.
The intention is that each Marshal would be an active participant and not just register to add a new badge and then understand she/he doesn't have enough time to dedicate to this project.

Areas: they will be defined by the local coordinators.

@kahlcolimon
Absolutely! we/they can use everyone's help, but the MTE Marshal will be the POC and ultimately responsible for the project.

@MauricioCGB
I didn't understand your phrase "It's interesting that the "MTE Marshal" is CM but it's not mandatory." What do you mean by CM.
However I agree with your general idea. The MTE Marshal is a leadership role and should work with other editors who do the actual closures. This is why soft-skills are super important and it's an amazing project to bring up community activity by organising the work-load.

@orbitc
I believe I answered your concerns in my replies to your fellow community members (please do correct me if I'm wrong). Regarding the CCP Coordinators & MTE Marshals interactions, they will definitely need to work together.
In some cases these might be the same people, in some others not, but one of our goals it to bring Community & Partners closers through closures.

We are so excited about this and hope to see all communities onboard!
BellVillense
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by BellVillense
Hi Happy 2020!

Thank you for your questions. Hoping the following will clarify:

This program does not modify the current Partnership Coordinator role.
However as a result of our project we expect to boost and bring value to our partnerships by:
- Collecting data about who is in charge of MTEs in each country/region and having these MTE Marshals work closely with our partners once they are onboarded (by CCP coordinators).
- Being able to better support events in non-English speaking areas with the help of local Marshals.
- Offering MTE support materials to the members of our program so that they can use it to bring partners onboard.

Moreover, we understand some areas currently have their own "Closures teams". We don't intend to modify the way these are working but just to have a record of them so we can better support the amazing work they are already doing!

Finally, and with a more active MTE program we will not only be able to maintain more active partnerships and serve as a reason to wake up those sleepy partners, but also to better reflect reality on the road by having a better picture of events affecting the situation on the road.

Wishing you a great weekend!
BellVillense
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by BellVillense
Hi guys,

Following the guidelines during COVID-19 we have paused processing this application.
We hope this will be over soon so that we can resume with the program and keep supporting MTEs as usual.
Thank you for your understanding and keep safe!
BellVillense
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by BellVillense
Hi guys,

Following the guidelines during COVID-19 we have paused processing this application.
We hope this will be over soon so that we can resume with the program and keep supporting MTEs as usual.
Thank you for your understanding and keep safe!
BellVillense
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by CoolCityCat
Hi Danny & Mauro!

It's great to know that we can involve more community members by assigning them extra roles. I have a couple of questions, though.

1) Is there any quota set per community on MTE Marshals? and

2) If there is more than one Marshal per community for R3-R5, non-CM, is the area assignment for the entire country, or areas can be set by the GC/LC of that country?

Thanks in advance!

Kamal
CoolCityCat
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
https://imgur.com/YmclhkQ.gif
Volunteer Map Editor | Raider - Wherever needed 🗺️
Coordinator | Local Champ | Country Manager - Malaysia 🇲🇾
Community Booster - Brunei 🇧🇳
Beta Tester - RBS, WME & Android 🏴‍☠️
Localizer - Bahasa Malaysia (ms-MY) 💬
Google Product Expert - Waze (Diamond) 💎

🇲🇾 Editing in Malaysia? Malaysian Waze Forum | Wazeopedia Malaysia
Waze Malaysia Social Media Channels - Facebook | X/Twitter | Telegram
Waze Malaysia Community Groups - Facebook | X/Twitter | Telegram

🇧🇳 Editing in Brunei? Bruneian Waze Forum
Waze Brunei Social Media Channels - Telegram
Waze Brunei Community Groups - Facebook (WazeBORNEO) | Telegram

Post by Domingues3D
Hello,

Since COVID-19 seems that is not going away any time soon  :(. Do you have any ideia when will restart the application process?

Thanks
Domingues3D
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by Domingues3D
Larryhayes7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:18 pm Is there anyway to remove/delete pending events?  There was an R1 that created several pending events for the same event

Is creating an event rank locked to a certain level editor?

Hi

To delete an event just click the event on WME and then click on the trash can. Then save

Domingues3D
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by GBSpeedy1305
Welcome Everyone,

I have been appointed one of the two Australian MTE Marshals.

Just waiting to get more information about what we need to do.
When it comes through.
GBSpeedy1305
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 6
Send a message

Post by Glodenox
This post somehow flew completely under my radar.

This looks like an interesting addition, but the overlap this role has with the already existing partnership coordinators is a bit unclear to me. The editors with that role generally already fulfill this task in our community as they also get in touch with the "Global Event Partners" subcategory when they contact new partners. We sort of see helping such partners as a shared responsibility with all L3+ though.

I'll check what the others think within our community. At the moment for our community, the country coordinators should be able to help you out/forward the issue, but maybe it could be interesting to indicate someone as the point of contact indeed so you guys can have more direct communications about dealing with closures.
Glodenox
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Belgium & Luxembourg Coordinator • Script Writing Community Coordinator
https://www.tomputtemans.com/images/WazeBelgium.pnghttps://www.tomputtemans.com/images/WazeWMEbeta.png