These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by wdcode
levin wrote: Sorry, but I'm not sure where to find this setting. Is this the per-application battery optimization setting or something else?
Please write the full path to this setting
Here some screenshot (sorry I'm French so it will be in French but I assume it will be a the same place)
1 First go to your baterie option
Screenshot_20180822-091505__01__01.jpg
(124.72 KiB) Downloaded 1768 times
Go to battery optimisation
Screenshot_20180822-091529__01.jpg
(68.55 KiB) Downloaded 1772 times
Click on the 3 dots and click advanced optimisation

Hope that help ;)
wdcode
Send a message

Post by whCool4
Unfortunately, same here: OnePlus 5 in The Netherlands.
After re-install I *do* get the approval request to use GPS and when starting the app I see the current location in the map. But after starting a route I get the red error msg that it cannot connect to GPS.
If I then switch to Maps (and see actual location) and switch back to Waze the location is updated once but the GPS error remains and location does not change in the map.
*update*: I also tried changing Battery Optimization for Waze. I normally do not have it turned on. And the app setting was
"optimize". I tried switching optimization setting to "not optimize"and also tried setting the optimize status to on/off: no effect
whCool4
Send a message

Post by world_2qc1a8eg
Same thing with me, OnePlus5 from Latvia
world_2qc1a8eg
Send a message

Post by world_2qc1a8eg
levin wrote:
TaranQ wrote:Ohww yeah this seems to fix the problem. Go into settings - battery - battery optimisation - 3 dot menu upper right - advanced optimisation - choose advanced optimisation.
Works for me too (OP6) - thanks for the full path
world_2qc1a8eg
Send a message

Post by world_4sp00wpn
Pour Waze qui ne trouve plus le GPS depuis dimanche dernier dur les smartphones Oneplus, la solution est dans le paramétrage du smartphone pour la batterie:dans les réglages : Batterie, sélectionner Optimisation de la batterie puis cliquer sur les 3 petits points en haut à droite, puis sélectionner Optimisation avancée. J ai vu ça sur le forum en anglais et ça fonctionne en France !!!
world_4sp00wpn
Send a message

Post by world_8csj3hh3
Same problem for 2 days now. I have a one plus 6.
Super annoying I really need it for work!

MOD EDIT - Double post moved here: "Same here!
One plus 6 from Belgium! I use Waze multiple times a day, can't live without it!!"
world_8csj3hh3
Send a message

Post by world_aj6tp00k
Does anyone have any news on this issue? Same problem here op6 user.
world_aj6tp00k
Send a message

Post by world_b3zzeq2p
Same issue here - OnePlus 5T - since yesterday Waze is unable to find GPS - Showing approximate location. Cleared phone's cache - uninstalled - reinstalled application - not working.
world_b3zzeq2p
Send a message

Post by world_j1o4uk5o
Waze GPS doesn't work, it does not triggering GPS
world_j1o4uk5o
Send a message