The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by bgodette
skills.jpg
(102.99 KiB) Downloaded 995 times
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
fvwazing wrote:Probably just following the googlecar.
The passenger is clearly using Apple Maps.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Thortok2000 wrote:I assume the road name is already entered into Waze correctly?

I don't get why some users report things like 'no stop sign' or 'missing sign', it's like...that's the road, not Waze. What are you reporting exactly? *scratches head*

Maybe they want us to report it to the department of transportation.

I would reply and say "The issue with the sign should be reported to your local DoT. You can contact them at blah blah blah"
"Dial 311"
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
davielde wrote:If anyone familiar with a "Michigan Left" thinks it's crazy, I think that Waze invented a "Michigan Right". Fortunately the driver had common sense and just turned right...

From the screen shot the route is trying to get him to go south on the road was going north on, so an elaborate U-Turn not an elaborate right turn.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
davielde wrote:Good catch on that one little arrow going south! I saw the one "turn right" icon but didn't pick up that it could be two overlaid. Premature closure as it could have been trying to route him back to the neighboring interstate, into the neighboring mall entrance from Novi Rd instead of 12 Mile's entrance, etc... Unfortunately no response from the driver, so it went Not Identified.

So, this is not a "Michigan Right", but a "Michigan T-turn"...
Likely trying to get them back to the freeway as there's two better options for getting into the shopping center to the west.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
olestas wrote:Yeah, actually sometimes ETA is somehow 100% correct for me, even over quite long distance in traffic, like 30km. However sometimes I drive as officially allowed, and I keep loosing minutes here and there.
I had an eta on a 205 mile one way trip through the mountains be accurate to 2 minutes this past Saturday. Don't know how Waze pulled that one off since there isn't much cell coverage where I went.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
yup_they_are.jpg
(248.25 KiB) Downloaded 989 times
Further information: Waze is having the user avoid a traffic light at 6th & Colorado, 7th & Colorado, a protected left @ 8th & Colorado and a flow control light on 8th, and trading it for one light at 7th & Colorado, no stop signs on 7th, and a left onto 8th on the far side of the flow control light on 8th.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
RodNav wrote:Problem: suburban guns are not located as per map.

???
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
Poncewattle wrote:Got a UR in Mexico (that is within my 2 miles of driving area through El Paso) of wrong driving directions. I guess one ways are just suggestions in Mexico since the user trace has the driver making the turn. :lol:

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=56682687
Careful with which infrastructure you're on when near the Mexican border. Seems the map has issues there if your client is on RotW.
infra.jpg
(180.09 KiB) Downloaded 792 times
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by bgodette
davielde wrote:

I can see how that might be an issue then...
Guessing someone visiting from Brazil that uses Waze a lot and got the "going to Work/Home" auto-route.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message