Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by MapOMatic
DevlinDelFuego wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:27 pm
russblau wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:55 pm ZIP Codes don't appear for me yesterday or today. Is this a problem with the external data source?

I'm using version 2023.02.06.002 from gf and I also have the same issue.

It seems to be working.  Are you still having issues?

MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
DevlinDelFuego wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:04 pm I take that back. It's back. Screenshot 2023-02-09 110307.png

Make sure you keep the "Dynamic label position" options turned on.

MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
DevlinDelFuego wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:46 pmThe reason I had it unchecked was to hide it from the map and only have it show in the city bar.

Ok.  With those disabled, it should keep the label fixed at the center of the polygon so you normally don't see them unless you're zoomed out far enough.  But the current release messes that up and the labels will move, depending on zoom level.  People have told me they don't see a point in having the centered labels, so I was going to make the dynamic labels the default, and remove the option to keep them static.  But I can see where some people may prefer not to clutter the map with labels while editing, but still view zip info in the bar and boundary lines on the map.  I've been planning to add options to customize the display more (change colors, etc).  When I get there, I could add an option to simply hide the labels.

MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
MapOMatic wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:11 pm
DevlinDelFuego wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:46 pmThe reason I had it unchecked was to hide it from the map and only have it show in the city bar.

Ok.  With those disabled, it should keep the label fixed at the center of the polygon so you normally don't see them unless you're zoomed out far enough.  But the current release messes that up and the labels will move, depending on zoom level.  People have told me they don't see a point in having the fixed labels, so I was going to make the dynamic labels the default, and remove the option to keep them static.  But I can see where some people may prefer not to clutter the map with labels while editing, but still view zip info in the bar and boundary lines on the map.  I've been planning to add options to customize the display more (change colors, etc).  When I get there, I could add an option to simply hide the labels.

MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
dhoey1212 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:14 pm Good Afternoon!

This script is near and dear to me and in the past I've used it a lot for alt cities in my rural area I manage which has been super helpful. For a while I had transitioned to a different project and have some back to updating alt city's. However, the Calculate USPS Address button and all the zip code layers and the menu for USGB in the scripts area is all gone. I've tried reinstalling chrome, tamper monkey, and the script with no luck. I have other scripts working via tamper monkey and even uninstalled all of those to test this one by itself and still no luck. I even tried using firefox with greasemonkey and no luck with that either. I'm wondering if it could possibly be my universities internet but I've used it on this computer maybe 3-4 months ago with no changes in connection, etc. Looking any help or suggestions. Thanks! 

Make sure you've got this Tampermonkey setting (be sure to click Save at the bottom of the Security section after changing the setting):
viewtopic.php?t=399668

If it's still not working for you after that, let me know.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
dhoey1212 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:29 pm Thank you! I had tried this setting before but didn't see the save button so I was wondering why nothing was happening. That fixed it!

You're not the first, and won't be the last :D  It's very easy to miss.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by mdswbkq
One minor issue: Using the "Get USPS Routes" button appears to retrieve routes named for the Post Office, rather than the Geographic Name associated with the ZIP code. This may be specific to my area, or it may be more general.

To use my area as an example, I get some routes marked green for "WESTLAKE, MD 20817" and others for "BETHESDA, MD 20816". https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 616&zoom=3 But "Westlake" is just the name of one of several post office stations (and ZIP codes) for Bethesda, MD. If you do a lookup on USPS.COM of an address on the "WESTLAKE" USPS Route, it will give you Bethesda, MD as the destination "city." And the USPS site gives BETHESDA as the recommended city name for the 20817 ZIP code, although it also accepts WESTLAKE. I'd suggest going with the primary, recommended city name if possible.

As I say, I don't know if this is area-specific or more general. But it appears from my example that there is not necessarily a direct correspondence between the "USPS Route" and the geographic name of the ZIP code.
mdswbkq
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
AM: Central Maryland

mdswbkq
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
AM: Central Maryland

Post by RoadWarriorTech850
bart99gt wrote:Not sure what is going on on my end then. I've disabled every script and add-on in Chrome, including those having nothing to do with WME, and it still isn't working properly.
Try going into your Tampermonkey dashboard and move the "sort" icon for it to the top or near the top. If that fails, remove the script and re-install the script.
RoadWarriorTech850
Send a message
Area: West Florida and Southern Alabama
images/ranks/EditLevel3_Badge.png

Post by russblau
If you read the script’s description at https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/25631 ... boundaries, you’ll see that it does not display true ZIP boundaries, but rather census block areas. However I’m sure you know better than to copy anything from an unofficial source into the Waze map.

[EDIT] Plus, looking at that private site, I notice that it shows a lot of ZIP code boundaries running down the middle of roads. That is very unlikely to be correct since, in most cases, the same postal route serves addresses on both sides of the street.

In one county I edit a lot (Sussex Co. Delaware), the county GIS system has a ZIP code layer. Unlike either the script or the private website, their ZIP code layer shows the boundaries running between streets and in many cases coming to a point at an intersection where the delivery route ends.

Unless you have a resource like this, the only 100% reliable way I know to identify the ZIP code for a given point is to type the address into https://tools.usps.com/zip-code-lookup.htm?byaddress and see if it returns a valid 9-digit ZIP. (Sometimes if you put the wrong city in, it will return a 5-digit ZIP and it looks like a valid address, but it's not.)
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message