Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by RichardPyne
m4rc072 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:41 pm Beautiful this new feature, but as asked by others, we need the RTC on the turns

And the ability to close a node without closing any of the connecting streets. I have come across several instances where an intersection is closed but all of the streets adjacent are open. The most common case is when an intersection is being reconfigured from a controlled intersection to a roundabout.

Another situation that arises often is where construction on one street only has lane restrictions, but access to the perpendicular side streets is blocked, but the side street is otherwise open.

RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by shmupi
Nice , but we still need RTC on turns only

Shmupi
shmupi
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Awesome!! Just in time for most of the Mardi Gras parades.

A node closure blocks all traffic on the node, right? Even if it's a corner? So, the traffic shown by both light blue arrows below will be blocked?

sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
Awesome to hear that "closures on turns" is under development.

Meanwhile, thank you for this too. For me, this one is actually more helpful, because we have a lot of parades to deal with ;)
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by subs5
For CCP participants, how will this be implanted when they request consecutive segments closed? Will it default to closing the intersection or default to leaving it open?

This does make parade routes and races a lot easier to close off but understanding that the CCP submits requests using string designation similar to the toll tool not sure how that will be translated into a Real Time Closure.

I assume they are getting a separate message even if it is just going out when this is pushed to production.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 3
Send a message

Post by subs5
So has anyone tested?
I just entered a Closure in Beta WME and then tried routing and yes the node closures work. Yeah!

Then I went to WME Production and as expected there was no indication of the node closures. Then I removed one segment of the closure. Waited till it updated in the app and live map and tried routing again. The node closure remains and it didn't route just like the video showed. Yeah.

But do we have to put a MC on the RTCs that are entered in BETA WME so that people know to contact a Beta editor so that the node closures can be removed since the are in visible in WME Production and the app but they will affect routing?

So till it makes production you need to either have someone check in WME Beta to make sure the node is opened or remove the end segment in WME Production and readd it. The removal of the segment's closure in WME production removes the node closure.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
For copying a closure on adjacent segments in WME Beta the nodes are not closed. You have to go back after the closure is added and then select to close the nodes.

If you go back and select all the segments above and open the combined closure then the node toggles all indicate closed. Unselect and the nodes are not closed. Reselect the segments and the node toggles all indicate closed. Click save and all the node closures are saved and then indicate closed in the WME Beta.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
jcnina wrote:Hi the closed node icon overlaps A & B letters for a segment or many of them, so it's difficult to work with a segment to modify the closure...
Agree, if you select a segment in the center to add another closure for the future you can't really tell which direction to close. A-B or B-A since you can't see the letters. Understand that this may not be a common action but would be nice to have something where the node closure moves to show the Node's Letters; similar to either the A or S to make the TRs translucent or to have the node segment separate from the node like the expand TRs that are clustered.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by subs5
RichardPyne wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:29 pm
m4rc072 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:41 pm Beautiful this new feature, but as asked by others, we need the RTC on the turns

And the ability to close a node without closing any of the connecting streets. I have come across several instances where an intersection is closed but all of the streets adjacent are open. The most common case is when an intersection is being reconfigured from a controlled intersection to a roundabout.

Another situation that arises often is where construction on one street only has lane restrictions, but access to the perpendicular side streets is blocked, but the side street is otherwise open.

If you add a roundabout to the existing intesection any existing segments can be closed since the segment number does not change.  So you can add a node by the where the RA wil be built and then after a TU add the RA and the segment from the RA to the node can be closed with a RTC.   Or you can just add the RA and have time based segment restrictions on the new RA segments.  When the RA makes it thru a TU the RA is not routable but the segments leading to and from ith (but not through or around it) are routable. 
Use a Time Based Turn Restriction for the perpendicular streets not being allowed to be routed. 

subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message