Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by m4rc072
Ok I have found the problem, some other extension of Chrome goes into conflict, now I am looking for what it's.
[edit] I have found which extension created the problem, is this Emoji for Google Chrome
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by m4rc072
Can you check this out please?
in the Map Comment panel there's the options to change geometry like a Place, but doesn't works

when I try to load a new geometry by WKT or other is missing the apply button in the panel
m4rc072
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by MajkiiTelini
Distance showed by Google Link Enhancer is wrong - it is the distance on flat Earth. But repair is simple.
Old code (lines 512+513):

Code: Select all

lsLine = new OL.Geometry.LineString([splitPoints.components[0], splitPoints.components[1]]);
let distance = poiPt.distanceTo(placePt);
New code:

Code: Select all

let distance = lsLine.getGeodesicLength(new OL.Projection("EPSG:3857"))
lsLine = new OL.Geometry.LineString([splitPoints.components[0], splitPoints.components[1]]);
Please merge it into code of GLE. Thanks!
MajkiiTelini
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
Thanks for incorporating that, Justin!

A word of caution: Make sure the Google link was actually linked to the correct place, then verify the place was actually closed (do not rely on this flag as your only source -- Google is not perfect). Follow your local guidance for handling closed places. For USA: https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Places#Closed
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
I've noticed that the tooltips on the Google link fields don't always show. I haven't had time to track down exactly why yet.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
I've been chatting with B-ryYKA in Discord. I added a workaround in PIE v 2018.03.25.01 that I thought should solve his problem. However, it didn't appear to work initially but after a refresh or two, PIE started working again. So... still not 100% sure exactly why the fix didn't take right away, but hopefully it's solved now. I'm also not sure why some FF users are experiencing corrupted link caches. The workaround simply catches the error and empties the cache. Worst case, it just means more API calls for those specific users if it continues to happen.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
Still working with the Waze devs to see if we can restore the other missing map highlights:
- red: closed Google place
- cyan: Waze place is >1/4 mile from the linked Google place
- purple: Google place ID not found

Not certain yet if it'll be doable. Stay tuned...
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
G_W1Z wrote:At this time is there any functionality related to Google Link Enhancer that is not working?
Yes, the map highlighting features I mentioned on 3/14 still don't work.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
/me cringes... like a prize fighter with a glass chin, the Google Link Enhancer is down again until further notice.
You may want to disable it in the PIE settings for now, to prevent a flood of error messages reported in the console.
unknown (1).png
(27.91 KiB) Downloaded 519 times
If we don't hear back from the Waze devs soon, I'll revert to the previous release of GLE so we can at least continue using the features that were working before yesterday.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by MapOMatic
G_W1Z wrote:In GLE, gray (auto-complete dropdown, already linked) isn't showing. Is that a broken feature?
It is. I may try to tackle it someday if I get the time (i.e. if I need a break from other things). It's kinda low priority though.
MapOMatic
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message