[Script] WMEMagic

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WMEMagic

Postby subs5 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:02 pm

jm6087 wrote:It is a setting per state/region in the US. WV selected Highest Connected on the Magic Setup Tab

[ img ]

Thanks will bring it up with the MAR leadership since this is not a rule that we typically have in MAR. Will see what people want prior to doing anything to change.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby subs5 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:41 am

Should the High Importance - Small (less than 5 m) segments be changed to check for <6 m?

The new minimum length is 6 m.

Here is the wazeopedia reference that says 19.69 ft (6 m).
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby subs5 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:39 am

Can we get the error message title for the min length of a segment changed to be "Small (less than 6m) segments : ⁉️ 511164363 " vice the current 5 m?

Here is the reference wazeopedia page for minimum segment length.

Magic properly highlights a segment less than 6 m, and states "Make this segment minimum 6m long or more. If you can't it may be worth connecting it on the closest node rather than leaving a micro segment on the map." but the title still lists 5 m.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby subs5 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:45 am

dbcm wrote:Hi, i've changed the text.

Thanks!

Thank you very much for the prompt fix!
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby subs5 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:38 am

Can we get it so the Narrow road (US-English) or Alley (English) is a red You Must Fix This highlight?

USA has determined not to use this road type and for the new editor, they don't know so this would make it easier to find.

Suggestion was brought up in the SM Channel and received concurrence would be a good suggestion so posting it here.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby subs5 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:40 pm

dbcm wrote:To all states?
Is there any wiki page with that explanation so Magic can point the editor?

Yes,

Here is the USA Road Types Wazeopedia page.

Banner on the top.
subs5
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SunDevil2213 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm

Can we get an option to not highlight PR segments when they don't have a speed limit? In certain states, PR's don't need SL's and it's somewhat obnoxious to my OCD mind to always see PR's highlighted because they are missing the SL. Please!!
SunDevil2213

Postby SunDevil2213 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Is there any way to turn off the highlighting of PR's with no speed limit? SL's are not required on PR's in the states I edit in.
SunDevil2213

Postby SuperDave1426 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:54 am

Just started using this today - nice script, thanks for making it available!

Sorry if this was already mentioned in the thread, but what does "Enhance MTE" do?

Also, I noticed that there's someone maintaining a list of things for the USA on your page supporting this addon. Is there a way to make it possible for the "Segment not protected" option allow for individual state requirements? I'm asking because I've got roads that are properly locked according to the state wiki for Nevada, and when I select that option, it flags them. I'm guessing that the national guidelines might say a higher lock level than the one that we're using here. I suspect other states might be doing that as well, so it would be nice to be able for the person who is managing a given country to be able to accommodate local-level differences from the national guidelines.
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby SuperDave1426 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:31 pm

vince1612 wrote:Enhance MTE adds a drop-down list at the top of WME with all MTEs in the area, so you don't need to switch to Event mode to see them. I'm not sure if it does other things yet, haven't played with it much.. Delfim can surely give more info ;)

Hopefully, Delfim will sound out here with more info about it, then. :-)

By looking at the settings spreadsheet there is a State field, so I'm pretty sure all of what you're talking about can be done if the maintainer of the US config asks for it.

I'd be happy to mention it to the maintainer for the USA config, but I can't seem to reach him/her. According to the "maintainers" list at the web page for this addon, "Xander" is that person. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the username used here in the forum, because when I tried to send a PM, I got an error saying that the user doesn't exist.... :?
SuperDave1426
Country Manager
Country Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts