Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Sea_Breeze
I managed to install WME in Chrome by installing WME in Firefox and using the Tampermonkey TESLA (sync) function in both browsers.
Sea_Breeze
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Utterly fantastic script, been really enjoying it, thank you!

One request I've seen a few times in this thread that hasn't really been addressed (as far as I could tell)..... Warning for no SL on PR segments....can we get a toggle to disable this alert for PRs with no Street name? The vast majority of unnamed PRs in the US are private driveways, in those cases SLs are irrelevant.

Thanks for all the work on this!!
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
About two or three times a day, while editing, Chrome is opening a new tab to show that the update URL for WME Magic has changed, gives me the option to Update. Clicking update does nothing, and then the tab goes away after a few seconds. Anyone else?
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Last edited by SeveriorumPatrem on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
As expected, third time today.... grabbed a screen shot this time.

I did nothing except look at it for about 5-10 seconds, and then the tab closed itself. In the past I have tried clicking the Update button, but the button doesn't "click", like the screen is frozen while the tab is visible, but it always disappears unbidden the same way it came in.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Attachments

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
Adding myself to the list of people that could not install this script on a different machine (Windows 10, Chrome 65.0.3325.181) until opening the js file in Notepad and copy/pasting it into a new script from the TamperMonkey dashboard.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
jm6087 wrote:
rschalie wrote:Another thing, more content: A lot of notifications on missing names are referring to bits of water or lines of trees. All those bits of water (ponds, ditches) and trees simply don't have names, so would it be possible to relax this requirement a bit?
There are that many ponds, ditches and trees mapped in WME? That seems a bit overboard IMO.
IMO unless it is a major landmark or somehow has a meaningful impact on navigation or situational awareness, and especially considering they aren't named and thus can't be found as a destination, that stuff shouldn't be mapped in the first place, just adds server/client/rendering load and brings no value. I like how Magic highlights these random unhelpful features without names. Click click click. Goodbye, unnamed thing.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
sketch wrote:
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:IMO unless it is a major landmark or somehow has a meaningful impact on navigation or situational awareness, and especially considering they aren't named and thus can't be found as a destination, that stuff shouldn't be mapped in the first place, just adds server/client/rendering load and brings no value. I like how Magic highlights these random unhelpful features without names. Click click click. Goodbye, unnamed thing.
First, I do not agree with this mindset. Plenty of unnamed or un-usefully-named bodies of water which are helpful to map for situational awareness. We have a number of drainage canals that run in medians in my area which have names like "Canal no. 3" which are not signed, not useful, and not known to the general public. Nevertheless, the map looks empty without them.
I don't think we are actually far apart on this issue. You'll note the first half of my opening sentence:
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:IMO unless it is a major landmark or somehow has a meaningful impact on navigation or situational awareness...
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
I see a new type of alert I had not noticed before - maybe it was always there and I recently turned it on? I don't remember.... anyway, it is a "YOU MUST FIX THIS" alert for aggressive turns. Two problems with this:

1. It is activating the alert even when the "aggressive turn" is disabled through blocked turn permissions. If the turn is disallowed, there should be no cause for generating the alert.

2. An "aggressive turn" (defined by Magic as a turn narrower than 30 degrees) is a perfectly reasonable and often intentional setup for a U-turn, commonly found at the end of a run of divided one-way segments.

Might I suggest that Magic's bandwidth for aggressive turns be modified so that it only alerts for turns between 10-30 degrees? Especially considering that anything narrower than 10 degrees actually falls under WME's native detection for generating a "U-turn" directive.
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by SeveriorumPatrem
To further this last request, perhaps Magic's turn angle monitoring should instead be reconfigured to alert for turn angles known to actually cause problems in the app, the same ones highlighted in yellow by JAI (~45° and ~165°)? I made a similar request for WMETB to flag these that hasn't really been acknowledged, but it would make more sense to pick these issues up with Magic or Validator....
SeveriorumPatrem
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message