The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by GigaaG
Railroad Crossings are visible in the WME, but I can not delete them. I can delete them in the beta WME.
GigaaG
State Manager
State Manager

Post by dgkdc
How do I turn this off?
dgkdc

Post by BtBalways
ldriveskier wrote:
usa_pdwz000d wrote:This alert is very annoying and how do you SHUT IT OFF!!!!
In the app settings, under "Alerts & reports", then "Reports", you can choose to turn off Railroad crossing alerts and/or hide them from the map.
Previous post.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
BtBalways
Area Manager
Area Manager
Roy - (3)AM; N.Surrey

Post by derun
I must be one of the beta testers as I have this notification alert when I am 1/2 mile from a crossing. Is there a way to disable the audio tone and just allow the popup to show? The alert tone is quite aggravating already as I live a few blocks from a railroad crossing so the tone comes on every trip home.
derun

Post by cjkasseckert
I agree. How do you disable? I don’t see an option in settings to disable the railroad crossing alerts. They are quite distracting and I don’t want them on.
cjkasseckert

Post by GhostNinja91
Will Australia data get added to?
GhostNinja91

Post by blue201962
kumiankka wrote:
blue201962 wrote:. I'm quite sure that you wouldn't mind the railroad crossing warning when driving in area where you haven't driven before.

And you are quite wrong. I drive with both (both = two) eyes open and head on a swivel. 50+ years of driving experience teaches those who are receptive to look, look again, and look yet again. Railroad tracks are slow down zones simply for the sake of the brutally expensive rubber I ride around on and low ground clearance.

https://mullarea.com/kb02-shrunkimage.jpg
Riding on Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 275/35ZR20 in the rear and 245/40ZR20 in the front. $1200 in rubber. I roll slooooow and easy over dem bad ol' railumroad trax.

Living out here in Hicksville, we have learned to cool our jets and listen for things like A TRAIN BLOWING ITS HORN and stuff like that.

The railroad crossing warning is an annoying, useless, distracting heap of steaming (insert your favorite steamed item here.... maybe rice or shrimp or whatever).

TL;DR - A feature I have cut off keeps turning itself back on. Why? Can this be fixed? Can it be fixed without some goody two shoes attempting to lecture an old man on what he should be thankful for?
blue201962
Eschew Obfuscation.

Post by blue201962
sketch wrote: cool your jets

You can whine all you want
Nice moral posturing there, ma'am.
sketch wrote:The feature reactivating yourself on your phone, however, is a bug. App bugs should be posted in the official feedback thread for the appropriate version in the Waze App forum.
AHA! Something helpful! Bug has been reported.
blue201962
Eschew Obfuscation.

Post by f08a66e011724122804b1895665a2055
RR crossing alerts are now enabled and some trains can block a roadway for quite some time. So, why not have an "active train on route" alert? Route timing and eta could be adjusted or perhaps an option to reroute around a roadway that is, or will be blocked, could be offered. Could you integrate with RR companies to achieve this?

Post by bummerdude69
The distance from the tracks seems to be slowly increasing by maybe 1 or 2 feet a week. :?: It use to activate on the far side of a street, now it activates on the near side of it and keeps inching it's way.

Beginning to wonder if the RR company is moving the tracks, just to mess with me. :mrgreen:
bummerdude69
Map Raider
Map Raider