Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by vaindil
We have a fix in place for most of the new issues but the push from beta to prod broke a couple things. We're getting them fixed and the release will hopefully be out soon. I've added requests to put Puerto Rico, Thailand, and the U.A.E. to Fancy Permalinks.

EDIT: The requested Fancy Permalinks updates have been completed.
vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Post by vaindil
FzNk wrote:Just to make sure you're aware, 'Suppress unneeded junctions' does not respect the new Tunnel setting as it does for Toll Roads.
This is fixed, will be in the next release. Thank you!
vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Post by vaindil
Fredo-p wrote:Umm....never mind. It's working now. Of course it does.
Welcome to the world of development--it never works until you try to reproduce it for someone else. :P
vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Post by vaindil
bart99gt wrote:Could we get its old behavior restored where it will delete unnecessary junction nodes that have restricted turns? Killing that functionality for the sake of a very rare scenario just did nothing but increase the work load for those of us who edit a bunch of basemap. It's even worse when I'm on my MacBook that lacks a real delete key.
This will have to stay--a junction with a turn restriction is necessary by definition, it shouldn't be deleted since it'll be incorrect to delete it 90% of the time. A workaround would be to use the tool to enable all turns on the screen then remove unnecessary junctions. I know it's an extra step, but it's one that will need to stay.
vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Post by vaindil
Gazoo4U wrote:WME toolbox xpi still needs to be signed. The author should look at this page -- https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add ... stribution
--snip--
We'll make sure this happens. Thanks for bringing it up.
vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester

vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester
Last edited by vaindil on Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by vaindil
bart99gt wrote:I disagree, a short section of one way road, locked at an appropriate level, could address the VERY uncommon situation where someone would need to restrict movement at a node other than an intersection. I would have at least like to have seen some discussion or widespread examples (not just a one off, or theoretical example) given before this was disabled.

If you don't think it is that big of a deal, I invite you guys to start editing in an area where a bunch of farm "roads" got mapped, and every last one of them attached to a road that has an unknown street direction. We're talking about dozens of nodes in some cases, each with turns restricted. So we're talking about a lot of extra work load, not just a "few extra (unnecessary) keystrokes".

As an alternative, would it not be possible to allow unneeded nodes to be removed if they have one or more soft turns? If such a turn was deliberately restricted (and I can't think of one time I've had to do it out of over 800k edits) then it reasons to say that there will be no soft turns? It would give those of us editing basemap a useful tool back, while protecting the deliberately set turn restriction.
This is in place for the reasons I originally stated--if the tool is used (even by accident) in a populated area, it would cause major headaches. It could also introduce loops where there shouldn't be any if the person drew them incorrectly in the first place. If a new editor has gone through and left a bunch of soft turns but the person using the tool didn't realize that, lots could go wrong. We need to avoid that sort of thing with any automated fixes we put in TB.

One potential fix that I just thought of would be a new tool to automatically change the direction of all segments on the screen to two-way, but I'll have to look into that more before making any promises.
vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Post by vaindil
KB_Steveo wrote:
vaindil wrote:One potential fix that I just thought of would be a new tool to automatically change the direction of all segments on the screen to two-way, but I'll have to look into that more before making any promises.
That could be very dangerous in the wrong hands.
Yeah, that's why I need to look into it. There are a lot of considerations to take into account when looking at something like this. If it were implemented it would likely be locked pretty high. Again, no promises about anything, I was just spitballing.
vaindil
Beta tester
Beta tester

Post by v13m4n
i'am able to edit outside my edit area by using clear geonode button neither by using "1" button or the button on the TB dashboard. as we can see on my screenshoot the edit area is dark but after i clear geonode and then saving it the segments was edited by me as today 27 August 2016... this bugs only works for geonode editing using TB only.. and it doesn't work outside my home country..
v13m4n
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Attachments

Post by v13m4n
PesachZ wrote:have you tried editing the geonodes manually (using the "d" key) on the same type of segment?
yes i've tried it but it doesn't work with "D" key ... the Geonode it self are not visible if the segments outside our editing area.. this is only works with clear geonode button from the toolbox console or "1" key .. i also tried to turn off all the addons and it does'nt work also.. so i guess this bug didn't come from the WME but this is came from the toolbox addons...
v13m4n
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs