Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by vaindil
bart99gt wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but the tool always seemed to retain junction nodes when they were needed to prevent problems with loops.

I understand that it could *potentially* cause issues, but most of TB could *potentially* cause issues if mis-used. I, and some other editors I have chatted with on the topic, just want to know if there was an actual widespread problem with people using the tool, or was it done because of potential "what-if" situations. If it is the latter, then editors need to be allowed to give some feedback on how we can come up with a workable tool that addresses some of the concerns without crippling the tool as it has been.
The #1 concern with this script is potential abuse or accidental mistakes. The change was made because it was a bug, this was not intended behavior. It remains unintended behavior--if a road has a restricted turn, even if unconfirmed, then the junction is not "unnecessary". I'm sorry that this has caused problems, I really am (I've edited a decent amount of basemap), but the tool was never intended to function this way. We won't be reverting the change, it was done for a reason and that reason remains valid.
vaindil
Send a message

Post by vaindil
ct13 wrote:Before I put on my tinfoil hat and assume Toolbox and URO+ are conspiring to grab all my browsing data, I wanted to double check that the new toolbox permissions to google.com chrome warned me about are so that you can get the date on the Street View?
Well, no one said we aren't.... ;)

The script now downloads a Google spreadsheet for localization. It makes things easier to navigate and allows the TbCCs to change things as needed. The permission is for that sheet.
vaindil
Send a message
Last edited by vaindil on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by vaindil
andylaode wrote:
BellHouse wrote:
andylaode wrote:additional permission is for what?
One page back:
viewtopic.php?f=819&t=145570&start=330#p1248207
is it this one? still don't understand, actually.. :(
"The script now downloads a Google spreadsheet for localization. It makes things easier to navigate and allows the TbCCs to change things as needed. The permission is for that sheet."

Anyway, thanks for the great work and update, can select the highlight layer again, yeay :D :D :D
Fancy Permalinks has different links depending on the current country in WME's view. The TbCCs are the one designated person per country who is able to change these and decide which permissions are granted to various ranks in that country. The spreadsheet allows that to be customized much more easily--the script now grabs the spreadsheet and pulls the links from there instead of having them hardcoded into the script itself. The permission for google.com is necessary because the script now also accesses Google to get the script.
vaindil
Send a message

Post by vaindil
bart99gt wrote:So why can't we try to come up with an alternative instead of just shutting down discussion on it?

If abuse of the tool isn't the driving concern, then that means there is a solution that could be had.
What would you propose? If we ignore the abuse aspect, how is the script supposed to tell what's "allowed" vs "not allowed"? Do we just ignore the fact that they're unconfirmed and set all turns to allowed even though that may not be the case? This isn't something we've arbitrarily decided, several champs and RCs were asked and the response was a very clear "don't do it". In general the idea was understood and appreciated, but because of the potential abuse to the map the idea was rejected.
vaindil
Send a message

Post by vaindil
taco909 wrote:I opened the measuring tool.
It did not work, and I could not close the window without a browser refresh.
This is a known issue, we're working on it. Sorry about that!
vaindil
Send a message

Post by vaindil
Firefox version upload is fixed.

FIREFOX USERS WILL NEED TO REMOVE THE ADDON AND REINSTALL IT! (link)

This is due to a change with the way Firefox handles addons. Nothing we can do about it, sorry! Future updates should work automatically.
vaindil
Send a message
Last edited by vaindil on Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by vaindil
PHIL-IP63 wrote:Impossible to install it under Firefox 43 64 bits. Error message : WME Toolbox could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 43.0

Yes I have uninstall previous version of TB before ;)

EDIT : No problem to re-install 1.6.8.1 Beta on the same Firefox 43.0 64 bits edition.
Upload has been fixed, sorry about that!
vaindil
Send a message

Post by vaindil
I made this script a few months ago to address this exact layers problem. It automatically reloads the page without the layers if the URL has layers in the link.
vaindil
Send a message

Post by vaindil
The vertical bar problem on Mac has been fixed for the next build. Thanks for the reports!
vaindil
Send a message

Post by vaindil
This is all related to the same issue, it's wreaking all kinds of havoc with many scripts. Waze renamed a function called registerShortcuts to _registerShortcuts, yet it still does the exact same thing. All script authors have to fix this. In the meantime, the scripts only partially load, which is causing all kinds of stuff to be messed up.
vaindil
Send a message