Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by lovecars1
banished wrote:
jm6087 wrote:
Paliano wrote:how far should the client receive the alert and what kind of alert and if repeated?
I think it should take into consideration, schools, speed, emergency vehicles, etc.

I do love the feature and will be very helpful.

I mean it's not a bother is just I think the warning is too far away...

I didn't think about repeatable warnings.. but maybe needed in some crossings

Thanks, guys.
lovecars1
Send a message

Post by mainmast2
This option should be "off" by default. It's to annoying around any metro area. Maybe offer it as an option to turn it on a few times at login and in that text also mention where to change it. I believe end users will uninstall if they can't easily find a way to turn it off.

I can see how it could be useful if I was going to an area where I haven't been before. For day to day use it's just plain aggravating.
mainmast2
Send a message

Post by mike7of8
ToneLokie wrote:I commute into work via an Interstate. I have been receiving alerts about a railroad underpass on the Interstate. Unfortunately I don't the level of access to correct this as a "railroad crossing", and I wouldn't know how to fix it if I did have the access.

Can something be done about "railroad crossings" that don't actually connect in the real world?

I have been reporting the same issue on a major highway whereby at the RR crossing the road goes under the tracks, so no need for the aleart on the map. Took a look at the map editor, and that section is locked....
mike7of8
Send a message

Post by Paliano
I would find it appropriate to insert the 2 overlapping level crossing icons in the same point, with opposite directions, so as to see only one icon on the client whose functionality is guaranteed for both directions of travel, attaching a graphic example. malfunctions or opinions?
Paliano
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
Attachments

Post by Paulvdwyn
jm6087 wrote:
smajser wrote:Hi,

I am having problem mapping crossings. For first one I get symbol and then rotate red point toward railroad. But when I try add another one I dont get red point and can not rotate symbol.
Also, when trying to save, editor stops responding.
All scripts and addons are disabled
Are you sure that scripts are disabled? That sounds like the issue we have had with PIE running. If you uncheck "Enable geometry modification options" then it should fix it.

If you do have all scripts disabled, then I am not sure.
By me this caused by the "WME Place Interface Enhancements."
Paulvdwyn
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by pcazz1
I just got this feature and HATE the implementation. Every time it goes off it is not useful, startling and annoying.

The things I don't like:

1) It turned itself on. It should be opt in
2) It uses a loud alert sound. I use Android Auto and other notifications are a voice alert. The loud, disruptive chime is distracting and potentially dangerous.
3) How/when the notifications trigger is not good. It always sounds at 0.5 mile from a crossing. For driving on a major street at 45 mph that is fine, but this thing squawks at me when I'm on a neighborhood street. The RR crossing it is warning me about is in the next neighborhood. I have 5 stop signs and 2 major streets/stoplights between me and the crossing. In addition I won't be crossing it and that crossing is a side track that is NEVER used for trains.
4) I find it useless. I don't need an alert to tell me there is a railroad crossing. (see #1)

I can't disable it while driving and then keep forgetting to go into the app to disable it, so I've lived with this awful thing screaming at me for a week. When it goes off, my first reaction is to be startled, followed by annoyance/hate for Waze.

I finally found how to disable this this and won't be turning it back on.
pcazz1
Send a message

Post by pox_online
Hi blue201962,

are you only opt-out the warning or also that it is shown in the map?
Which Plattform you are using, Android or iPhone?
Have you found out when it would be re-activate?
Regards
Peter
pox_online
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by proffa71
Does anyone know are imports still happening (added info to sheet more than a week ago if I remember right) or do we have to start adding all crossings in Finland manually?
proffa71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Oletko jo käynyt Waze Finlandin Discordissa, rennompaa jutustelua ja muihin editoreihin tutustumista: https://discord.gg/GnqERGJUpB

https://i.ibb.co/X36kJbj/Banner1-M-Megamapper.png

Global Champ
Country Manager
Community, Partner, Localization and Mentoring Coordinator
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland

Post by proffa71
Well uncleaned data was 2706 and cleaned 1981 crossings so on the limit. Using import would prevent unneeded ones since most editors would probably add those in every crossing along the railroad because searching for info is it use etc. is somewhat slow... Mostly hoping import would still succeed because we are currently mapping lanes as more urgent matter since it will affect users more and can be used as a very good promo once done.
proffa71
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Oletko jo käynyt Waze Finlandin Discordissa, rennompaa jutustelua ja muihin editoreihin tutustumista: https://discord.gg/GnqERGJUpB

https://i.ibb.co/X36kJbj/Banner1-M-Megamapper.png

Global Champ
Country Manager
Community, Partner, Localization and Mentoring Coordinator
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland