These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

DAVx⁵ CalDAV calendar problem in Waze

Post by CCRoiDanton
Hello all,

I have a problem with CalDAV calendars (supplied by the app DAVx⁵) in Waze.

Here you can see a screenshot:
waze-davx5-problem.png
(110.37 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
I can select the calendars in Waze to get notifications and also plan my trip, but when I leave this screen everything is unselected again.

Also I do not see the names of the calendars, which makes it complicated to see which calendar is selected and which isn't.

But at the moment, I cannot save my selection.

Btw, this works perfect with Google calendars which also show in the list, a bit more down. These selections and deselections work when leaving this screen again.

Are these just bugs for me (so the problem is on my device only) or general bugs? Can this be fixed please? For sure I am willing to help with testing and also further information about my device and everything, if needed.

Kindest regards,
Roi
CCRoiDanton

POSTER_ID:17098599

Send a message
Last edited by CCRoiDanton on Mon May 25, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by CCRoiDanton
Screenshot does not show up. Another try...
CCRoiDanton
Send a message
Attachments

Post by CCRoiDanton
Hi,

thank you, Max666. I checked what you found out. Same here. My Google "standard" calendar is named "Kalendereinträge", too. If this one is checked and all CalDAV calendars, all stay activated. If one is unchecked, all get unchecked after leaving the screen.

Leaving all checked does not make much sense. I don't want Waze to remind me about our local garbage collection and that I need to start travelling to get there in time. ;-)

Regards,
Roi
CCRoiDanton
Send a message

Post by CCRoiDanton
Hi,

is this the way how bugs should be reported?

Regards,
Roi
CCRoiDanton
Send a message

Post by CCRoiDanton
GilYoder wrote:Have you addressed this problem to the DAVx⁵ CalDAV support team? I don't see Waze in their list of apps they have tested their program with. They might be more likely to find and fix the problem for you.
Thank you, I did just now.
CCRoiDanton
Send a message

Post by CCRoiDanton
I got an answer from a DAVx⁵ developer right away:
rfc2822 wrote:Hi,

I suspect that both problems:

- missing calendar names (“Kalendareinträge” instead)
- calendars which get (de)activated by some logic

are related to Waze:

- DAVx5 sets the calendar names correctly and other calendar apps are able to read the names,
- this “activation” is only for the scope of Waze, right? Otherwise, it probably sets the “visible” flag, which is a global flag, but DAVx5 doesn’t toggle that.

Also, the “tested with” section on our Web site is only for servers, and it’s not exclusive (any CalDAV/CardDAV server should work).

If there are specific hints for errors on DAVx5 side, please let me know.
I am not a programmer but I would say that he is right. The calendars and also the calendar names work fine in every other app I use on my phone.
CCRoiDanton
Send a message

Post by CCRoiDanton
GilYoder wrote:I wonder if the problem might be related to your calendars using characters other than from the Latin alphabet. I know that can be a problem in some apps that don't handle non-ASCII characters well.
Hi and thank you for your reply. No, I do not use any special characters in the calendar names. Funny side note: I also do not use the name "Kalendereinträge" at all.

No, calendars are named "Kids", "Arbeit" (= Work), "Müllkalender" (= garbage calendar) for example. So I use umlauts, but no other special characters.
CCRoiDanton
Send a message

Post by CCRoiDanton
GilYoder wrote:BTW Waze App bugs can be reported here:
https://support.google.com/waze/answer/ ... ic=6262587
Thank you, just reported. :-)
Hi Wazer,

Thanks for reaching out.

We'll get back to you via email as soon as we can.

The Waze Support Team
CCRoiDanton
Send a message

Post by GilYoder
Have you addressed this problem to the DAVx⁵ CalDAV support team? I don't see Waze in their list of apps they have tested their program with. They might be more likely to find and fix the problem for you.
GilYoder
Send a message

Post by GilYoder
I wonder if the problem might be related to your calendars using characters other than from the Latin alphabet. I know that can be a problem in some apps that don't handle non-ASCII characters well.
GilYoder
Send a message