The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by proffa71
Well I think we have much less active L4+ editors here than you have :)

I put the the link to data location on this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 spreadsheet as asked in original thread, checked version history, I put it there 21.4 :)
proffa71  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Oletko jo käynyt Waze Finlandin Discordissa, rennompaa jutustelua ja muihin editoreihin tutustumista: https://discord.gg/GnqERGJUpB

https://i.ibb.co/YBXHRYv/Banner1-5-M-Megamapper.png

Global Champ
Country Manager
Community, Partner, Localization and Mentoring Coordinator
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland

Post by proffa71
jm6087 wrote:
BatmanandRobbins wrote:I am following; trying to get the railroad crossing disabled!
Seriously what is the purpose of this notification? There are already signs on the road and railroad tracks on the display. Having the big popup is annoying and useless!
I hope you have been able to disable the alert.

You may find it useless and don't feel you need an alert to tell you about a railroad crossing, but every year many people either ignore or don't see railroad crossings and get hit by trains. There are also many cases where people turn on to a railroad track by mistake because it is dark. The alert is designed to alert drivers to these dangers. This is also why the alert is there, it is trying to save lives. And I believe that getting hit by a train is probably more dangerous than the alert designed to prevent it.

Hopefully this "useless" feature will save some lives which makes it worth while.
My childhood home is 50 meters from railroad crossing so I've lived very near one for most of my life. And seen some accidents there too, happened both to locals and non-locals. Some with the worst result...

Many think that locals should know better but no, when something is ordinary you very easily slip into "there has never been a train at this hour" mentality and some day might end up hit by one. So I'm totally supporting this, if it prevents even one death/serious injury it has made desired impact.

I personally want to use it since it "awakens" me to be more cautious when approaching one, even if it's the one I know very, very well. And anyway, if it irritates someone so much the alert for those can be easily turned off from app itself.
proffa71  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message
Oletko jo käynyt Waze Finlandin Discordissa, rennompaa jutustelua ja muihin editoreihin tutustumista: https://discord.gg/GnqERGJUpB

https://i.ibb.co/YBXHRYv/Banner1-5-M-Megamapper.png

Global Champ
Country Manager
Community, Partner, Localization and Mentoring Coordinator
First Responder
Beta WME & Android
Finland

Post by ricfroh
How is an alert useful unless you are not watching for signals or signs, or blind? The app sorely needs a railroad crossing function, but it would be used for avoiding railroad crossings, not alerting the driver about them. The alerts are unnecessary clutter. The lack of a feature to avoid railroad almost made me miss my plane. A 5 mile long train stopped in the middle of Fort Lauderdale making it impossible to cross the tracks to reach the airport. Efforts to reroute were fruitless, as it kept taking me to other railroad crossings instead of an underpass or overpass. I wasted an hour driving in circles with no result. Does Waze developer seriously not understand why the driver NEEDS a railroad avoidance feature for? I don’t need an app that dings and talks continuously but offers no rerouting capability to avoid a stopped
train!

ricfroh
Send a message

Post by RIMAJUES
It seems good to leave them one on top of the other, but the warning point would be different not on the railway.
RIMAJUES
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by Sapozhnik
When it will be visible in app?
You anonsed it in public forum, editors start use it but users will see cameras and will send UReports.
As I understand, users US see more 100.000 dummy cameras
Sapozhnik
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
Andrey,
Ukraine Waze Coordinator, GC, CM, Beta, ...
http://waze.com.ua

Post by sebgoulettva
Some railroad crossings have been added near my house, but they are not road crossings (pedestrian only). Yet, they show up on the map during drives. Who can help me remove them? (they are blanked out when I try to remove them in the editor)
sebgoulettva
Send a message

Post by sebgoulettva
turbomkt wrote:
sebgoulettva wrote:Some railroad crossings have been added near my house, but they are not road crossings (pedestrian only). Yet, they show up on the map during drives. Who can help me remove them? (they are blanked out when I try to remove them in the editor)
Is this in Canada?
Yes. Boucherville, QC
sebgoulettva
Send a message

Post by Shane3020
How do I turn this ANNOYING feature off???
Shane3020
Send a message

Post by sketch
Take a page from your driving style and cool your jets before posting online, too, maybe.

This feature will not be opt-in because it is primarily intended as a safety feature. You can whine all you want about it, that will not change.

The feature reactivating yourself on your phone, however, is a bug. App bugs should be posted in the official feedback thread for the appropriate version in the Waze App forum.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!