Passing of A. J. Ross - Ituajr

Post by

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I regret to inform the community of the passing of ituajr, affectionately known amongst the Waze Australia community as AJ, at the age of 73 in hospital.

AJ started editing with Waze in 2011. AJ was an incredibly active member of the Waze Australia community, collecting 2,600,763 driving points, 667,436 edits, and 4,164 forum posts. His community-minded spirit enjoyed helping people, he was always accessible, had a passion for logic and debate, backed with a quick wit and wonderful sense of humour.
  • In March 2018, his long-standing efforts helping the community were rewarded with his promotion to Country Manager.
  • In Oct 2018, AJ stepped up to the plate of Australian Coordinator and promoted to level 6, with the resounding support of the active Australian editors asking for him to lead us.
  • In May 2019, he was welcomed into the most elite group of Waze editors and recognised experts, becoming a Global Champ.
His wife Ursula, relayed the following:
He really enjoyed his involvement in the Waze Community and while in hospital he asked me to pass on his very best wishes to all for the future.
It has been on honour and absolute privilege to have known, and worked with him, and I offer my deepest sympathies to his wife Ursula, his daughter Lee, friends, and his fellow editors during his difficult time. He will be greatly missed.

Some of you might remember AJ teaching us about trap streets? As a valued and long-standing member of our community, the Waze community managers have agreed to memorialise AJ into our map with a trap street named after him and locked to level 7, so years from now people will know of AJ and his contributions. You can find Ituajr Place, the trap street, in a neighbourhood in his city.

POSTER_ID:17551969

Send a message

Post by BellVillense
This is shocking to hear indeed.
May his soul rest in peace. Our hearts are with AJ's family and the AU community.
Sending a strong hug,
BellVillense
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by BTStar
RIP AJ. The loss will be felt by not only the Australian community, but globally too.
BTStar
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by Chronos74
My sincere condolences to the Australian editing community and AJ's family. I'm mostly a lurker in your discord server, but I enjoyed and respected his contributions to the community. He surely will be missed.
Chronos74
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by deanonzl
Sad day indeed.
We frequently chatted about Oceania country matters.
You will be remembered fondly.
deanonzl
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Adrian
Country Coordinator: New Zealand

Post by delilush
I also want to express my condolences to the Australian community and AJs family.

My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.
delilush
Waze Team
Waze Team
Send a message

Post by dfw_gis
Prayers for the family and friends with the loss of one of our own. An amazing editor who brought so much to the Waze community.
dfw_gis
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by driving79
My condolences to AJ's friends and family. I'm very sorry to hear of this news.
driving79
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Global Champ
Tier 1
Beta Leader
Southeast Wazeo - https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/USA/Southeast

Post by Dutchdirt
Very sad to receive this message. My condolences to to the Australian Waze Community and, especially, to his family and friends.
Dutchdirt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by hebermc
My condolences to friends and family, may God be with all of you at this very sad moment.
hebermc
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message

Post by Isaan-Cowboy
My sincere condolenses to the family and the Waze community, may he R.I.P. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Isaan-Cowboy
Send a message