Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

forum improvement with uploads

Post by autourdupc
It would be very usefull to increase the size of image upload. With my galaxy s3 phone screen shoots are to big to be uploaded into the forum.
autourdupc

POSTER_ID:4838853

Send a message
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"

Post by AndyPoms
daknife wrote:If you transfer the picture to your computer, I recommend GIMP for a powerful free open source photo editor.
+1 for GIMP
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by autourdupc
WeeeZer14 wrote:Size limits are there for a reason, so pictures are not wider than the page layout. Phones are quickly attaining screen resolutions equal to and higher than computer screens. Please resize your screen shot before posting.
Ok... do you know a free application that can do the job in my device (android 4.0.4) ?
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
jasonh300 wrote:Just post the picture. The pictures have scroll bars so you can see the whole thing. If you want to see the whole thing at one time, just right click and then View Image (YMMV with different browsers).

I think the maximum you can post in the forums without scroll bars or external hosting is 640x480.
I already try to post a screenshot from my s3 and it was refused. Very boring to get help in this case or do a correct job of beta tester
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by Daknife
If you transfer the picture to your computer, I recommend GIMP for a powerful free open source photo editor.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by jasonh300
Just post the picture. The pictures have scroll bars so you can see the whole thing. If you want to see the whole thing at one time, just right click and then View Image (YMMV with different browsers).

I think the maximum you can post in the forums without scroll bars or external hosting is 640x480.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
I just use Irfanview to resize the pics if I need to. Takes about 3 seconds. Gimp is too powerful. Takes a minute to open the software. It's like a free Adobe Photoshop.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
If I am on my Windows partition I use the power toys. Right click on image > resize > choose size > done.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by WeeeZer14
Size limits are there for a reason, so pictures are not wider than the page layout. Phones are quickly attaining screen resolutions equal to and higher than computer screens. Please resize your screen shot before posting.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator