Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by seanhussey
I am also having an issue with points showing up. I'm a new user, but I apparently created an account over 2 years ago. Once I got access back to that account, I was able to use the app just fine.

However, while the app says I'm picking up points (25 points for first 10 miles, 6 points here and there for reports, 25 bonus points for...I don't know what, but I drove over/through it on the map), my point total is 12.

Is the calculator just slow? By my count, on Monday I had 0 points. I accumulated at least 62 points that day (first 10 miles = 25, 2 reports = 12, first report = 25), but on Tuesday, the dashboard said I only had 6.

On Tuesday I drove a small bit, picked up some random 25-point bonus, sent a report or two, and got the 100-point bonus for driving twice in one week. My point total on Wednesday is 12.

Is the dashboard just days-slow in calculations? The bonus points list shows I've hit 3 items so far (150 points total), but those aren't reflected elsewhere.

If calculations aren't this slow, is there any chance my old-and-unused-until-very-recently account missed some sort of migration?

Thanks very much, everyone.

-----EDIT
To confirm, I am logging into the North America version of Waze, not the World version. The app and web dashboards agree on points and rank, it's just that they're not correct. The only points I have are for driving 2.5 miles. The rank was last updated at 6.11.2013, 23:50, so that says to me my other points should be included by now.

If there are any other basic things I should check, I will, but this seems to cover what's in the FAQ.
seanhussey
Send a message

Post by seanhussey
Photo 1.jpg
(36.21 KiB) Downloaded 2170 times
Attached is the dashboard from the app. It says I joined 2 years ago, which is when I first downloaded and tried the app. I didn't use it after that until this week. I also had never logged into the website until this week.

As for the points, I'll just be patient and see what happens in a few days.

Thank you!
seanhussey
Send a message

Post by seanhussey
Ok, it looks like points are starting to trickle in. Thanks for your help!
seanhussey
Send a message

Post by sergya
Latest routes on my dashboard are dated on November 16. Also, scoreboard info seems to be "frozen".
sergya
Send a message

Post by SlwrTrfcKpRtPls
thank you for posting this update...is there anyway to get updates directly on the phone rather than having to search for this information on the boards?

thanks for a great app!
SlwrTrfcKpRtPls
Send a message

Post by Spil
foxitrot wrote:
mapcat wrote:
jmp316 wrote:Oh waze, we were doing so well with updating points for the last week or so... Why oh why did we stop updating for a few days???
You must have missed the memo. This is the week the world server works. Wait a few days and they'll switch them back to the normal arrangement.
Which is, the world server will be stopped for a week and NA will be functional during it? ;)
More like World will die for month or two, and NA will function correctly once in a while during that timeframe. :P :roll:

Interestingly, status.waze.com says that for NA, "All the other processes are on schedule." How can this be true when the points/rankings haven't been updated for 3+ days? When will the points be updated? I really want to find out how close I am to stealing the #2 slot for New York State. ;)
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by Spil
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
DonJ2 wrote:I have not seen any new points since 11/30. Based on today's status update, I sent email to support.
Krankyd posted in the comments of the http://status.waze.com/mapdate-december-5 update, that they are looking into the miles/points delay.
Did he say that, or that he's looking into your other request ("size of the Cartouche archive panel") that you commented after your question about the miles/points? Hard to tell. :?
Spil
Send a message

Post by Spil
WeeeZer14 wrote:Darn inconsistent date formats across the world. ;)
That's exactly why I prefer the DDMMMYYYY format (i.e., "09DEC2011") in what I post for international viewing, even though in my "normal" usage, I'm more familiar and comfortable with MM/DD/YYYY (12/09/2011). Just doing my part to help alleviate international tension! ;)
Spil
Send a message

Post by Spil
gettingthere wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:Anyway, on a different note, I took the day off from editing yesterday and woke up this morning to 24,000 extra points, so I guess the candy bug has resolved itself!
Yes, I did notice a bump in my own points and other Wazers on the Scoreboard without any editing for a couple of days.
Likewise ... almost no editing in the last two days ... yet I start this week's scoreboard on top of my state with over 13K points ... looks like I'll have another week of the gold icon after this week also. :D (And only about 25K left until I topple rescue557 from the #1 spot in my state! ;))
Spil
Send a message

Post by Spil
jasonh300 wrote:I got around 70,000 points last night and I didn't do that much editing yesterday, so I'm guessing I got about 85 candies worth of points last night.
I noticed that ... picked up 38000 or so myself at some point today! And I see that we've both entered the "Top 50 Wazers" list for the NA server -- congrats! :D
Spil
Send a message