These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by foxitrot
egaf56 wrote:Where can I get the newest Beta version for Symbian Belle?
I´m using Rel. 2.0.0.0 now.
Not really new :-( try the most recent one - from New Symbain beta version- 2.1.99.114.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Unfortunately the Symbian line has been dumped 'years' ago. Really gone. Definitely.

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by gettingthere
Unfortunately Symbian is a 'dead' platform. Nokia has abandoned it. Within 1.5 - 2 year most of the users with Symbian SmartPhone will have moved onto other platforms. As it looks now, those are likely iOS and Android. It is not yet clear if Windows Phone 7 is going to get any traction in the market.

Windows Mobile has been dead even longer. The user base on Windows Mobile has been dropping for months.

It really does not make sense for Waze to invest development resources in these dead platforms. There is already a working client for those platforms which Waze has stated that you can continue to use and that it will continue to work.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
foxitrot wrote: At least some bug fix release would be appreciated :|
Per a message that I saw a day or two ago on Waze's Twitter page, they have not ruled out doing bugfixes. But it likely depends on the severity of the bug.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
cleberbb wrote:Why don't make waze on Qt plataform? There is Qt on android, Symbian, Windows Phone. They can migrate to this platform to simplify the write and compiling the client program and take advantage to cover more systems with less work. For iOS, there is a project to make Qt avalible in this system.
Although this would make it more complicated for the average users because presumably they would have to install the Qt framework first. Also, does this not reduce performance since there is another layer of code running?

Can this framework be installed on non-rooted, non-jailbroken devices?
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
siddagivers wrote:can you please provide me with the link to the waze 3.0 for symbian?
Waze is not developing version 3.x for Symbian.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by gettingthere
Nokia is killing it not third party application developers. Nokia announced that they are stopping development on Symbian.

Too bad Nokia believed in Microsoft and Windows Phone 7 vs adopting Android instead. It's likely too late for Nokia to fix as their company degrades. Sad.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Hashss
+1 for Symbian client update. Current v2.1.9 beta is a bit laggy on Belle, but with some bugfix it would run at least smoothly.
Hashss
Send a message
Nokia N8 Belle - Waze v2.1.9 beta for Symbian

Post by Mecallie
andres-w wrote:Waze on QT is available on the Nokia N9 http://code.google.com/p/waze-qt/

nokia Belle should have the QT framework come with a regular software update.
Now this is good news. Any way the community could help with this?
I am willing to testdrive if needed, I'll even make a donation if you get it working decently! :)
Mecallie
Send a message

Post by papefei
Just a little word to inform that a new store for symbian is borned at this adress. Maybe we could ask on this a new version of Waze. It's here .... http://applist.schumi1331.de/
papefei
Send a message