first post

Post by BrettOtness
Good afternoon!
I live at 4030 South Bay Rd. NE Olympia WA. 98516 and Waze takes you to the other side of my field. I was trying to update the map in the editor but was unsuccessful. I was trying to make a road to my house (driveway) but was given a error that I did not have permission. I'd like to contribute but apparently need some coaching.

Thanks Brett
BrettOtness

POSTER_ID:17941090

Send a message

Post by BrettOtness
Thanks Dude463

I think I did what you said but it is still saying you need to add a name before you can add addresses. please let me know if I missed something.

Thanks for the help.
Brett
BrettOtness
Send a message

Post by dude463
Hi Brett, welcome to editing.

Normally I would advise against adding a driveway but you share your driveway with another address and it's pretty long. I've unlocked the segment of South Bay Rd NE so you can add the segment. You'll want to make it a Private Road segment under Road Type. For the name open the Address dialog and check both of the None boxes for street name and city (none for city since you're outside the city limits). Once you get that you're halfway there. Let me know when you get this done.
dude463
Send a message
First I learned how to draw lines on a map. Now I must learn the art of Feng-ShWaze.

Post by dude463
Hi again. Since the shared driveway isn't a road that has a name leave it with no name / city.
Next you'll want to make sure that the turns onto the driveway are enabled. You can do this two ways. Select each segment and change any red arrows green. Or you can select the node where all three segments connect and select Enable All Turns from the panel on the left.
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Cr ... d_segments

Once you have that done you'll need to make a Residential Place Point.
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Pl ... oint_place
dude463
Send a message
First I learned how to draw lines on a map. Now I must learn the art of Feng-ShWaze.