Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by NJMedic2535
In light of the fact that there are places where restricted (bus, etc) lanes mixed in with the regular lanes it would be very helpful to have a non-arrow to select.

For example, when there's a bus-only lane as the center lane among 5 total.

Currently, not selecting any arrow for a lane results in an error and *no* lane guidance is displayed in-app.
But mapping a five-lane road with a bus-only in the center as ⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆ would be a very poor representation compared to ⬆⬆✖⬆⬆, wouldn't you agree?

-G
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by nzahn1
TCholewa wrote:What to do, if line ends without junction (e.g. 2 line road -> 1 line road)?
Is there any way to map it? I think it's important information.
Lane Guidance - Knowledge Base FAQs wrote:Should I split existing segments, in cases of converging/expanding lanes count throughout them?

No. Please avoid splitting segments, especially due to converging lanes throughout the segment.
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by nzahn1
Heads up for folks reading this thread in the US:

The United States has published our wiki on Lanes to the Wazeopedia. If you have any questions please contact your local leaders (or me!) and hopefully we can clarify any problems.

New Lanes Wazeopedia (USA) page: https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Lanes

Wiki Forum Post: viewtopic.php?f=1636&t=301141
nzahn1
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

US Global Champ | MAR Coordinator | iOS Beta | WME Beta | Localizer
WME Profile | E-mail | MAR Forum | MAR Wiki | MD Twitter

Post by Olestas
Some WME Links in Guidance go to Beta WME. Please change to standard.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
So, if we set CS on heuristics junction, what happens? It does not work?
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
sketch wrote:
Olestas wrote:So, if we set CS on heuristics junction, what happens? It does not work?
I've tested this personally, and, good news, it seems to work. You have to set the CS on the entry segment (not the median segment), but it works as you'd hope, both for "view only" and "view and hear".
Hi Sketch.. this one does not seem to work.. tried different places to set CS or voice override..
https://beta.waze.com/editor?env=row&lo ... =391009039
straight.PNG
(253.09 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Or it does not work with combination of JB? In that case, where do we send this?
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
jm6087 wrote:
Olestas wrote:
Hi Sketch.. this one does not seem to work.. tried different places to set CS or voice override..
https://beta.waze.com/editor?env=row&lo ... =391009039
straight.PNG
Or it does not work with combination of JB? In that case, where do we send this?
That image does not show that the directions are to continue straight. The CS would not display for a right turn instruction.
Screenshot shows wrong heuristics.. Only one lane is straight per junction setup. I thought it might be cause of CS setup.. have removed CS, will check how it works without it
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
sketch wrote:
Olestas wrote:Screenshot shows wrong heuristics.. Only one lane is straight per junction setup. I thought it might be cause of CS setup.. have removed CS, will check how it works without it
As jm6087 said, that was an RBS bug that was fixed yesterday or the day before. It has nothing to do with CS.
Well, it did not change for me.. Still wrong.. Also other heuristics junctions are wrong now.. Any ideas?
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Olestas
Well... they said it was fixed :] Ok we will see what comes next.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message