Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by tonestertm
One more thank you for this great script, and of course, another inquiry/feature request... :)

I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love to have CH indicate segments stacked on top of one another, especially when they're both set at the same Road Level. Obviously, this would indicate a small section at each multi-level highway interchange, but mainly I'd like to see the results of sloppy editing. Took me a while the other day to realize there was a second, extraneous, short segment underneath, which was causing the wacky turn restrictions....

Could this happen, or is the necessary info not supplied?

Cheers!
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by tonestertm
And yet another request for a possible feature... :shock:

This one might need to toggle with all of the regularly scheduled features, but how about a Speed Layer?

Perhaps could employ something like (mostly--have to change the black, methinks) Waze's GPS coloring system, but vary the brightness (inversely?) according to speed info from the segments. Might help with a couple of different kinds of troubleshooting - bad segments, causes for strange routing or URs, ya know...things. It wouldn't have to work from High Altitude, maybe just zoom 5 on down?

//begin flames
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by tonestertm
I wonder how feasible it would be to be able to highlight two different types of roads simultaneously? They could both be purple, for my usual needs (though different colors would be a bonus :) )

Thanks again for this indispensable script! (Just discovered I never actually clicked Thanks on the first post! :oops: )
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA

Post by tonestertm
Timbones wrote:The "Locked" option now displays 2 colors: red = locked but editable by you; black = locked at a higher level.

The "Toll" option shows blue dashes for unlocked toll segments, and red dashes for locked toll segments even if "Locked" option is off.
I searched the thread, but didn't find any reference to Toll newer than this. I want to verify something that I'm seeing.

The Editor lock highlights are working perfectly. I'm a 4, so roads locked at 5 and 6 show up as black lines and 4 down to 1 show lighter and lighter red. No problem.

I was investigating a problem and had turned Toll highlighting on, and at first thought I was seeing one blue Toll segment where I expected it, but not another. After dialing WAY in, I discovered the red highlight on top of the Major Highway segments I was looking at.

Now, this red Toll segment was locked at 3, the blue Toll segment was "unlocked" at 1. I checked some other Toll segments locked at 5, and they appeared to have red highlighting as well. Then I searched and found the above.

So, the Toll highlighting does not function in the same way as the Editor Lock (variable opacity), and anything above Level 1 is considered "locked"? Or am I just seeing things wrong?
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by tonestertm
Thanks for the clarity on the Toll information. Any likelihood to alter it a bit? Locked Tolls are difficult to see on MH segments above a certain zoom. And I wouldn't think the fading/opacity option would be a necessity, but if at least all Tolls at or below a given editor's Rank were one color and above (or out of area) another, a la the Editor lock, it might be helpful, since one supersedes the other. Maybe I'm just weird.

I feel like I should just Thank you every single time I post here, for the incredible value of this tool. THANKS AGAIN! :)

I wonder if anyone else would have an interest in the possibility of having sort of a sub-head section under Streets, whereby either All Streets (as it currently provides, by selecting "Streets") or just one type (or possibly even a selection of types) of Street could be selected. It would make the list ugly, though, and I'm not dying for this option, but sort of wished for it today.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by tonestertm
Lucky Tim... it's Feature Request time!

I wonder if you might consider a "full time highlight" (checkbox on the upper left, as opposed to the road type dropdown, which is more of an itinerant usage) to indicate Unpaved -- and maybe Tunnel -- segments, perhaps with a stroke style acting as an overlay? This way, it could be left on full time, while freeing up the road type box to do the usual madness. Especially since these traits can be applied to most/all other road types now.

Please give it a thought.
Thanks!
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message
ARC for SW Region, USA

Post by top_gun_de
PhantomSoul wrote:+1 on the option to highlight segments <10m and 10-15m. Its useful to supress u-turns on narrowly divided highways where a direct u-turn is prohibited.
Hi,

the 15m-limit under which the routing never does a U-turn is easily forgotten when splitting roads. Therefore, highlighting segments of less than 15m would be a good idea.

Best regards,

Detlev
top_gun_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by top_gun_de
We just had two cases with no turn at 13m, so 15 seems safe to warrant a u-turn.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD
top_gun_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by top_gun_de
Is it a common practice to reduce the width like this? We do this only for a real bow-tie...

Anyway, we are moving away from the purpose of this thread 8)
top_gun_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by top_gun_de
Kuhlkatz wrote:
top_gun_de wrote:Is it a common practice to reduce the width like this? We do this only for a real bow-tie...
It's always been common practice to reduce H-type intersection lengths to avoid u-turns. As far as I know 15m is only confirmed for NA server. For ROTW server it has to be 10m, unless this changed recently.
Maybe it's country-related. In Germany, we have just found two cases where 13m were not enough.

Best regards,

Detlev
top_gun_de
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message