Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Recent locations

Post by Playzo88
Hi there,
please, is there some option to turn off "Recent locations" poput in app?
When I am in app, I have to see the popup screen when are my last routes...
Playzo88

POSTER_ID:17914729

Send a message
«Žilina, Kysuce, Bratislava and the rest of the universe»
«Mazda 3 2020 HB»

Post by darsma
When I start Waze, most of the screen is occupied by "Recent locations". I press on the border and squeeze the list down leaving only "Where to?" search line but after restart again - "Where to?" and 3 unnecessary lines. How to configure waze to make it more user friendly?
darsma
Send a message

Post by maggie-o
This just started around where I am - in US - on Android - but it's terrible that it can't be turned off. Anyone that can see my phone when I open the app can see where I've been recently. Terribly unsafe and annoying. Would love to hear back on this - I know I'm not the only one. Thank you.
maggie-o
Send a message

Post by Mvan231
What do you mean by a pop out screen? I only see my recent locations in the navigation menu
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)

https://s.waze.tools/c3.png

Post by Mvan231
Playzo88 wrote:You can see in attachment what I mean. This "window" pops up everytime I launch Waze app.
What about to give me the possibility to disable/enable it? I preffer just search bar.
Wow, that looks significantly different than it does on iOS. I did see that a new version of the Android app was recently released, is that that latest version?
Mvan231
Send a message
- Mark
Mvan231 (3) MI AM
GLR | Michigan Editor
Wazeopedia :lol: | Engineer :geek: | iOS user :)

https://s.waze.tools/c3.png

Post by Playzo88
You can see in attachment what I mean. This "window" pops up everytime I launch Waze app.
What about to give me the possibility to disable/enable it? I preffer just search bar.
Playzo88
Send a message
Attachments
«Žilina, Kysuce, Bratislava and the rest of the universe»
«Mazda 3 2020 HB»

Post by RussPA
That window will shrink down automatically when you start to drive to just the search bar and My Waze. And having the option to hide the search and My Waze bars has been requested, but no word on when or if the might incorporate it.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator