Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by sh-oded
Thanks for all improvents till now.
There's a new bug in 0.6 for RTL (Hebew) display: The upper icons are not left justifed - a white gap appears. See in the attached images:
FU0.6En.jpg
LTR-Icons right justified
(14.05 KiB) Downloaded 1246 times
FU0.6HE.jpg
RTL-White GAP left to icons
(31.06 KiB) Downloaded 1209 times
sh-oded
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
מנהל מתנדב, גבעת-שמואל, קרית-אונו ובקעת אונו
LC: Israel, CM: Israel, Jordan
הוספת קישור(פרמלינק) מדריך לעריכת המפה הוספת/עדכון מקום
Galaxy S10-SM-G973F, Android 12.0, Waze latest Beta

Post by sh-oded
iainhouse wrote:v 0.10 is now published on Greasyfork
In RTL (Hebrew) view, the zoom bar is always in the right side :(
sh-oded
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by sh-oded
It seems that after last update the script cannot be loaded (chrome). See the error in the attached image.
FUIE1.jpg
"execution of script "WME Fix UI" failed! Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0"
sh-oded
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by sh-oded
iainhouse wrote:If you can't see that item, or it has a different value, let me know
The item is missing.
Downgrading works.
sh-oded
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by sh-oded
Thanks for returning the zoom level indicator !!
Since it comes together, the bar and the level number indicator, could it be shorter.
I think there is no need for moving the bar, just changing the level number, and so minimizing the whole bar.
Thanks for this useful script !!
sh-oded
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Great to hear about a general-purpose PL checker. One of the best features of Advanced Closures when using PLs from last year to implement closures on the same routes again this year—when adding closures via CSV, it would do the same check, which allowed me to find whether some segments had been altered because of added PLRs or the like. To have such a feature for any old PL is excellent.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
iainhouse wrote:White-out screen when saving. I've identified the relevant page element and it's pretty easy to change it to black instead of white. Does anyone feel the need for me to make it an optional fix (which means I have to create a control and the extra code to go with it), or are you happy for that fix to always be on?
As someone who uses your script only for hiding average speed camera, expanding external providers, warning on bad PLs, automatically expanding 'more options', and adding the zoom number when it works, I would prefer to continue using it for only those things, thanks. The black and white fade is entirely a personal preference issue and not really a 'fix' at all, so it should be optional much moreso than some of the other settings (e.g., expanding external providers, which I doubt is at all controversial for anyone) that already are.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
iainhouse wrote:It is a matter of my personal opinion as to which features do this. If I think the feature is beneficial and does no harm, or corrects a genuine bug in WME, I may choose to turn it on first time. For example Highlight Invisible, Hide User Info, relocating the Zoom bar & Chat icon. If you don't like my choice you can easily change the setting and you only have to do so once. If you really don't like my opinion, then maybe my script isn't for you.
In playing with settings and the bridge button... I thought I might make a suggestion as to what you decide should be a default.

It may be a better strategy, simply to prevent wasting everyone's time, to make any feature that may be interpreted as a bug in WME default to "OFF" on first run. That way, we don't have dozens of posts both here and in the WME feedback threads saying "Y U PUT RED BOX???" or "I CANT BRIDGE NO MORE!!!!!!!!" because anyone who comes across this will know about it because they personally had to turn the feature on.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
iainhouse wrote:Version 2.21 is live on GreasyFork. :mrgreen:

There has been some discussion on the WME Clicksaver topic recently. MapOMatic was asked to add a feature to ClickSaver, but it was felt that might be a better fit with WME PIE. At the same time, MapOMatic suggested that some of the things ClickSaver was doing to save space (as opposed to actually saving clicks) might be a better fit for WME FixUI.

I am more than happy to take that on. Apart from one bit on the main segment tab I was already compressing, this served to point out to me that I haven't actually done anything specific for Parking Lots. So this version adds the compression you can see in this post on the WME ClickSaver topic.

I've also made some tweaks to general text in buttons. It was pointed out to me some time ago that the text wasn't well-aligned vertically in buttons when compression is set to low. I thought I'd sorted that, but definitely not well enough. That should hopefully be improved now. :)
Would you consider decoupling these features (putting parking lot and place options into columns) from the general 'compress side panel contents' feature? The columnization is a great space saver I've grown quite used to, but outside of that I value my padding and whitespace! :lol:
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by sketch
Suggestions:
  • Does it really need to say "Run WMEPH Beta"? I feel this could be shortened to "Run" but maybe I'm too familiar. At the very least, shorten it to "Run WMEPHβ".
  • "Open Website" can probably just be shortened to "Website" without any loss of understanding.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message