Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by sketch
This is all pretty misguided if you ask me. One might use the new segment, new place, new comment controls several times before saving. Movement is between the left-center of the top bar, the left panel, and the map area. Save is used once at the end, and undo/redo might not be used at all if the editor did it right the first time.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
That is a "feature". Turn off "Disable Bridge button" in FU settings.

That said, if you are simply merging pairs of segments with a node in between them, rather than using the bridge button, you should select and delete that node. Otherwise, you may be causing yourself unnecessary extra work, because the "Bridge" button also raises the segment elevation by 1, whereas simply deleting the node does no such thing.

The bridge button is intended for the situation (rather uncommon these days) in which two different roads (i.e., more than two segments) are joined at a node, rather than not-joined with one passing over or under the other (e.g.., via a bridge).
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
If anyone reading this thread elects to give WME Dark Mode a try, there is no need to reinvent the wheel—have it follow system settings: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... lor-scheme
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by skippy10
atrophicshiner wrote:When Compress/enhance side panel contents is enabled with compression control at 1 or 2, I'm seeing some text alignment issues with Select entire street & Edit house number buttons.

Mac OSX, Chrome Version 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Me too, only difference Win 10
skippy10
Send a message
Chrome - Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G - Android 11 - Waze ß - SM Aube + AM partie du Bas-Rhin / CM France - L6 - 1.3M edits

Post by skippy10
I hope the best for you ! Sincerely !
skippy10
Send a message
Chrome - Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G - Android 11 - Waze ß - SM Aube + AM partie du Bas-Rhin / CM France - L6 - 1.3M edits

Post by skubko
There is still some issue with this script, when activated, satellite map disappears /it was the same with previous version/. I am using Chrome and Tampermonkey. When this script is disabled, satellite map background is back. When I enable and refresh, satellite image again disappears leaving me with gray-black background... Please fix this because I really like this script but with this issue I am not able to use it at all.

Thanks!
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
jm6087 wrote: I still see my satellite map with Fix UI activated.

Well, I tested it now again - I disabled all extensions and all scripts in Tampermonkey. I kept only this one - and I can again confirm that this script is causing this for me as my satellite images disappears and I get only blank background :( ... So it is not any combination with some other script or extension...
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
jm6087 wrote:I will let iainhouse chime in.

I disabled all scripts and extensions and enabled only Fix UI and still see satellite images. Chrome/Tampermonkey
Fix UI version 2.48.2
I have the same version and apparently the same setup as you do, but still, issue is here. But my background satellite image does not disappear immediatly. It disappears after I perform zoom action, or I press "reload"button or action like that. When I just refresh the page and look on it, I see the background satellite image map correctly.
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
turbomkt wrote: You probably have, but did you verify your area managers layer was off? Shift+A.
Yes, that is not the case here. I tested in two countries, one where I am AM, second where I am CM (and yes, I checked also layers). Again, the issue happens only when I enable this script... This is how it looks:

skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by skubko
Mapman44 wrote: Check the opacity setting under "Aerial Shifter" at the top of the Fix UI settings. If it is at 0% the satellite imagery will disappear completely.
Thanks man! It was indeed the case here. I went through settings of Fix UI, but I did not notice this one (I was checking only check boxes). Anyway, I have never played with this setting before, so it was probably done by mistake. Wondering what is it even good for? Thanks once again!
skubko
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message