These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Multiple types of roundabout icon?

Post by joshbrw
I noticed when driving the other day that the roundabout icon for the upcoming roundabout showed the direction of leaving the roundabout, rather than just having the exit number in a circle.

I think these icons are much clearer as they show you which direction you are aiming to leave a roundabout, ("exit 2" doesn't give much context). I was wondering if this is a bug, or something that can be enabled in the app settings?
joshbrw

POSTER_ID:17146235

Send a message

Post by joshbrw
turbomkt wrote:This is because of the geometry of the roundabout. If it's a "normal" roundabout, where streets are basically 90 or 180 degree angles, you'll get the icon you did. For anything non-normal, Waze provides the exit count.
Ah I see, that makes sense. It'd be nice if Waze could provide a Setting to make that the icon that always shows. I find it much more helpful to know whereabouts the exit is located on the roundabout, especially as CarPlay doesn't always show the directions in the clearest way
joshbrw
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
This is because of the geometry of the roundabout. If it's a "normal" roundabout, where streets are basically 90 or 180 degree angles, you'll get the icon you did. For anything non-normal, Waze provides the exit count.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
I think the challenge is getting the number of arrows and direction when they can change from roundabout to roundabout.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)