How to Post One Lane Closures Ahead of Time

Post by usa_4rdwsxrc
I work for the City of Orinda and I am trying to post a temporary one lane road closure for Camino Pablo from Miner Road to Monta Vista Road Monday, October 16, 2020 and Tuesday October 17, 2020 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. due to an annual paving project (there will be flaggers).

I was hoping to also add information:
Expect 10 to 15 minute delays, use alternate routes if possible to limit inconvenience.

Is this possible to do in the editor as a day 1 newbie or do I need to post to this or some other forum?
usa_4rdwsxrc

Post by turbomkt
Thanks for posting. I'm not a newbie and I can't add this :)

There is a way as a partner to have something like this added to the map. I'll also bring this up with our Regional Coordinators to see if they can add it.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
--Mike
ARC for Southwest Region

Post by turbomkt
Also, can you confirm the dates are actually 19 and 20 October?
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
--Mike
ARC for Southwest Region

Post by tonestertm
If you can confirm the dates and times, these can be added.
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/y7f2gsiomkpxbe6/CA_SM_Rocket_Shear_Alpha_50.png?dl=0
ARC for SW Region, USA
Global Champ, US Local Champ
The best editors Read the Wiki and read it often. Learn the proper way to handle URs. Don't draw another Place until you read this!

Post by usa_4rdwsxrc
Thank you all for replying. My apologies, you are correct, the 19th and 20th of October, so this Monday and Tuesday.

Is this the best place to make a post like this in the future where a city project will impact streets?

Thank you again!
usa_4rdwsxrc

Post by usa_4rdwsxrc
Thank you all for replying. My apologies, you are correct, the 19th and 20th of October, so this Monday and Tuesday.

Is this the best place to make a post like this in the future where a city project will impact streets?

Thank you again!
usa_4rdwsxrc

Post by tonestertm
The alerts for today and tomorrow have been posted. I neglected to include your suggested text, unfortunately, but anyone receiving this alert will very likely already be on Camino Pablo (or routed there by Waze), and Waze will already have looked for better routes, as it recognizes the slowdown.

I realize that I neglected to ask one further detail - is this one lane each direction, or only NW-bound (as indicated by "from Miner Road to Monta Vista")?
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Post by usa_4rdwsxrc
Hello, thanks again, it was one lane each direction.
usa_4rdwsxrc