Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by steelpanz
First off, thank you, thank you, thank you for putting this script together and maintaining it. I used the Places sub-script last night and was able to find some hidden PURs across a vast editing area. I did noticed, however, that some place updates were not picked up by the scan. I wanted to see if it was common for the scan to miss some places or if, perhaps, I didn't configure the settings correctly. Under the Places tab, I only checked "Has Update Requests" and "Pending Approval," and let everything else remain null.

Again, thanks for opening this up for us!
steelpanz
Send a message

Post by steelpanz
After attempting to use this script over the past month, I've learned that one thing it struggles with is maintaining data if failure occurs during the scan. For example, I have 2 very large areas that I use this to scan. Fast forward 8-10 hours later, I may come back to find that the scan (which was progressing throughout the day) has crashed/halted. Unless I'm missing where the temporary file is being written, it appears all those hours of scanning have been lost for naught.

With that being said, is it possible to tweak the script where the file can be created at the beginning and just be overwritten occasionally or as new data is required for it? I know you may get into write-protected issues if the user opens the file, but if there is a way to begin writing the file, perhaps some issues can be addressed while the rest of the scan is going through its cycle.

Thanks again for your work on this script. Really like the ability to search through all these small towns without having to scan with my mouse.
steelpanz
Send a message

Post by steelpanz
Is there a particular format within the wkt file that will make it run more smoothly over another?
steelpanz
Send a message

Post by steelpanz
Thank you so much for helping out with this. This script has been a great start, but it has SO MUCH potential to help optimize editing to the next level. Looking forward to seeing the results of your collaboration together.
steelpanz
Send a message

Post by steelpanz
I'll be glad to give the beta a try. Thanks!
steelpanz
Send a message

Post by timtamcan
crazycaveman wrote:Ok, thanks for verifying. I'll see if I can get that fixed, try to hunt down a few to play with
You can probably fix it by inserting a UTF BOM ("\ufeff" + CSV Content).

Code: Select all

var blob = new Blob(["\ufeff" + csvContent], {type: "data:text/csv;charset=utf-8;"});
timtamcan
Send a message

Post by Tortured1
-- Ignore this post.  See my next post instead.  Thanks --
Tortured1
Send a message
Last edited by Tortured1 on Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Tortured1
I have a temporary fix.

I set the zoom level to 16 in WAL Streets on lines 107, 1013, and 1016. I'm reasonably sure that this value is incorrect for one of those last two lines, but this is just a hack.

In WAL main on line 1386, I replaced "&zoom=" with "&zoomLevel="

I don't have enough experience with TamperMonkey to be able to drill down into the window.OL vs window.OpenLayers issue. FWIW, it's in https://editor-assets.waze.com/producti ... 0cba566.js whatever that is...

Tortured1
Send a message

Post by Trexer0
With Chrome I'm not seeing WAL show up since the update to 1.4.0. Seems this latest version wasn't supposed to do anything with Chrome.
Trexer0
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by vince1612
Just tested on the ROW server and it seems to work like a charm!

This script is awesome!! I for sure am going to use it ;)

Thanks for sharing! :)
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png