Forum rules
The place to ask for help when editing in the UK.

Map Editing Guidelines . Join the UK Discord Server

What's wrong with the Petrol Prices feature in the Client?

Post by Dave2084
OK, it's early days but since Waze switched it on yesterday I've tried a number of times to use it and have found numerous issues (I'm on iOS, android may be better or worse).

1. Cannot add prices to anything but regular unleaded. I've tried at 4 different stations and if I try and add multiple prices or diesel on its own it fails, I can only add prices if I only do it for regular unleaded (Note: I have not tried LPG, or Super UL on their own).
IMG_1071.PNG
(24.43 KiB) Downloaded 1330 times
2. When you enter a price like 130.9 it always comes up ending in .8 (this seems to be OK on android but it does it on the iOS beta and current release) (see image above)

3. Pricing in the entry screen in cents "c" not pence "p" ... we still don't use Dollars or Euros here! ;) (see image above)

4. Pricing is the search and station info screens is in Dollars "$" not Pounds "£", however, if it's in the 130.9 format it should be 130.9p not £130.9 as that is really really expensive petrol!
IMG_1072.PNG
(20.68 KiB) Downloaded 1332 times
5. A Translation issue (for xteejx?), almost everywhere it displays Petrol Stations (assuming you use the "UK English" Language) but this one slipped through the net:
IMG_1068.PNG
(40.52 KiB) Downloaded 1330 times
6. The search is too narrow, I would like to be able to see at least all the stations in Lincoln and their prices so maybe 5-10 miles? (see image above)

7. Station Info screen inconsistent with price entry screen. "LPG" and "Super UL" in Price entry become "Lpg" and "Super ul" in station info.
IMG_1073.PNG
(33.45 KiB) Downloaded 1335 times
8. No Brand logos for the stations. I was expecting to at least see the brands common with the US but this does not appear to be the case.

9. Station Information. The brand informations entered in WME is only partially used.
a. The Station name is used in the info tab for the station but is truncated if too long (especially in portrait mode).
b. Phone Number. Used in the Location and Info tab for the station.
c. Address. Can't see this being used anywhere.

Does anyone have anything to add to this list before I ping it all to support?
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:191033

Send a message
iPhone 12 Pro Max • iOS 15.x • Waze 4.x
Level 6 Editor • iOS Beta Leader • Waze Global Champ (Retired)

Post by bgodette
ditchi56 wrote:Search seems only to be coming up with stations near my present location. What I want is stations along my route. I'd rather be told about a station I will be passing right by in 30 miles than one 2 miles in the wrong direction now.
Did you set a route first? It will find stations along your route only if you search as a stop point while you have an active route.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

If you have lost your GPS signal you'll not have any garages near you! Even if you are parked up right next to one.
You also have the same issue when your network signal drops for a moment.

At least you get 8 points if you do manage to send some prices!

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
HI,

Just check the one local garage I was able to add fuel prices for.
Got the following 2 to view:
Prices are showing .90
fuel1.png
Price correct?
(60.54 KiB) Downloaded 711 times
Prices on the info tab are, however, still in dollars and this with the latest Android release:
Dollars!!!
Fuel2.png
Dollars??!!
(72.98 KiB) Downloaded 713 times
Des. . . ;)

Edit:
Distances are shown in Km as I haven't reset following the upgrade!
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

I did some mild testing this evening.
In all appearances, you have to be pretty much on top of a garage to be able to either find it or add fuel prices for it. This by pressing report and Gas Prices. They really do need to change that "gas" to Fuel as well. A major americanism it is.

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,

It wouldn't have anything to do with the amount of difference in the price by any chance?
Have you tried submitting a single price to see if that works?

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by CTCNetwork
Hi,
ditchi56 wrote:Waze really need to buck their ideas up and sort out quick automatic reconnection to the server.
I've had this problem in a few places in Nottinghamshire. Right to the point where I restart the phone completely and then Waze will either not find a signal or not pick up a valid GPS.
I installed GPS Test for just this reason. And while there are sometimes patch GPS points here, GPS Test will get a fix.
So why can't Waze? Without either a GPS signal or a data connection you are pretty much up a gumtree!

But then it is not the only problem Waze has, but that's for other topics.. :)

Des. . . ;)
CTCNetwork
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
richardjeeves wrote:Ive just been to Morrisons near me. I had the same .8 problem....

like you i tried to update both unleaded and diesel but, i kept getting the error.. :(
In the first screenshot in my OP I'd done Unleaded already and was trying to add diesel ... next time I'm near a station I will try just LPG and just Super.
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
dmcconachie wrote:Brand logos are being restricted to brands offering deals, as an incentive.
That's a shame ... I can't see anywhere in the UK offering a special!

On a side note I see Waze have corrected the price in the search screen to be "p" and (I think) in the price entry screen. It's still "$" in the station info screen though.

I've also installed the new iOS release v3.2.2.0 and this still has the .8 price entry bug.

Additionally I've done some more testing and it seems that it's diesel that is broken. I can add any combination of Unleaded and/or Super UL fine (though has .8) but any time I try to update diesel it fails. I've still not tried LPG will do that tomorrow.

Seeing prices on the nap now and it looks good!
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Dave2084
smstext wrote:ive found that if you try to add diesel prices it comes up with error, but fine for the rest
Have you tried LPG?
Dave2084
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message