Localization call- Project separation - Recap Call- Jan 31st

Post by Ottolenga
Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much for joining the call earlier today and for sharing your thoughts and questions.

I'd like to summarize what was discussed in this post, for those who attended the call but mostly for those who missed it. The call is a follow up of the previous call we had earlier in November, so if you haven't seen it, I strongly recommend you to watch it before.

Here you can find the recording of the call, for those of you who couldn't join us.
Here you can find the deck that was presented during the call.

Below are some of the key points we discussed:
  1. After trying for quite some time to set up a collaboration process with the linguists, we came to the conclusion that a permanent solution could be found only with a clear separation of translation projects and responsibilities.
  2. Starting Feb 2nd, the separation implementation will take place in transifex, meaning that the community will have access only to the projects that are owned by the community, while linguists won't have access to them and vice versa.
  3. We set up a very defined and clear escalation path for you to report issues with translations.
Instruction on the feedback process:
  • Your feedback will be submitted through this Buganizer component that we created especially for you!
  • PLEASE NOTE: Only 2 community members per language will have access to report a bug! Please let us know as soon as possible who you think those 2 people per language should be by filling this form.
  • Please note that all fields with a red asterisk are mandatory fields, but of course the more information you provide, the easier it will be to investigate the issue.
  • SLAS are as follow:
    • Issues related to our top 5 languages: Up to 2 weeks.
    • Issues related to our remaining 8 languages: Up to a month.
I'd like to stress out the fact that your feedback will be considered with extreme importance, we acknowledge and realize that you are our product's expert. Please do not underestimate the importance of your feedback and we encourage you to use this feedback process.

We'd like to THANK YOU for your collaboration and for your dedication, and we remain at your disposal for any question that may arise. Please don't hesitate to reach out!

Best Regards,

Tamar, on behalf of the Waze Communities Team
Ottolenga

POSTER_ID:17863375

Send a message

Post by Ottolenga
Hi Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing great,

I'd like to follow up on a request that was raised in our latest call on Jan 31st, regarding View access to Transifex projects that moved to the linguists' scope.

I am happy to announce that we were able to grant "View Only" access to most of the projects that are under the linguists' responsibility, in our top 5 languages.

This means you will be able to view translations in the relevant transifex projects. We believe this is very important in order to:
  • Help you optimize translation feedback and get a better understanding of string context.
  • Provide support in cases where the top 5 languages are used as a "template" or "base language" for other languages. (i.e. French files are used to translate the French-Belgium language).
Having said that, we were only able to grant View access to two members per language, so we thought it wise to make those the same two members who will have access to the buganizer component.

Nicole has contacted you to ask who you think those two members per-language should be.
Please get back to her (or to me) as soon as possible if you haven't yet.

Thank you!
Best,
Tamar on behalf of the Waze Communities Team
Ottolenga
Send a message