Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by floppyrod84
Depends on your car.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
You decided to quote an entire post with pics with an answer we already gave. Great work... Lol

floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
I suppose we can let you off ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
So no solution for iOS then.

The software should automatically restrict the zoom based on the type of road you're on.

Or, it should default to not zoom out (automatically) beyond where streets still show on the map. I don't find the display to be of much use when it's zoomed beyond that anyway.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
xteejx wrote:You decided to quote an entire post with pics with an answer we already gave. Great work... Lol

+1
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by karol1rw
I live in Michigan, and it's not uncommon to go 55-60 on roads that are not highways. It's extremely annoying to go 50 mph and see all normal roads disappear. Annoying when you want to see upcoming intersections while driving on a 55mph road. The other day I was driving on a 'normal' road in a somewhat-rural area of Michigan and all roads on the map, including the one I was driving on, disappeared. It was all gray. Waze was effectively useless.

I hope the developers plan on adding preferences to disable the road-hiding feature or set these zoom threshold levels manually in the settings. I use an iPhone, so I can edit preference files by hand.

Perhaps a compromise if system performance is concerned is to do as suggested earlier, allow roads to be hidden, but always show the road you are on and the ones immediately interesting in front of you, regardless of their 'rank'.

I get the impression that the developers live in large cities and don't expect people to ever drive faster than 45-50 unless if they're on the highway.

Perhaps I'm repeating what's been mostly said, but this should really be more of a priority, in my opinion. It's enough of a problem to make me want to open other apps to have more context of where I am sometimes.
karol1rw
Send a message

Post by karrows
Try driving around an area that has all dirt roads. The dirt road display sucks always reguardless of zoom, then speed up and your are driving on a blank screen.

Plenty of dirt roads can handle 50mph+.
karrows
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
Normal roads do disappear at higher speeds. We have the same issue in South Africa on some secondary roads where higher speeds are allowed.
I would at least expect the road you are on to remain visible, but that goes AWOL as well.
I would love it if the auto zoom option had a setting where you could set the Max zoom you prefer as a percentage on a slider.

Sent via Tapatalk.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Kuhlkatz
Ah, it seems that the zoom is already catered for and can be manually set in the preferences file.
AutoZoom.Max Scale is set to 2000 by default.
You can change it to 1700 or 1500 or even lower depending on your preferred zoom.

Sent via Tapatalk.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by maantje76
Landscape is different then portrait mode...this is still in 'fix' Support told me à few weeks ago...
maantje76
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message