Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Waze and speed limits

Post by AntonellaSambo
Hallo, I'm an Italian "very young" Wazer :oops: and I have a suggestion: to make Waze warn us ALWAYS when exceeding speed limits 8-) , regardless of the proximity of a camera. It could be possibly done by changing the colour of the speed icon (i.e., for example from gray to yellow and then red) to make the message very intuitive ;) , without compel us to distract to read the small numbers on the icon.
Thanks.
Antonella :) :) :)
AntonellaSambo

POSTER_ID:8515920

Send a message

Post by AntonellaSambo
mrgrumpy wrote:I like the idea, but we'd have to go back and put all the limits on roads. In the UK we have 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 & 70 limits. Some roads have variable limits too. In theory it would be good, but in practice it would take a lot of time and effort to get it working.

Keep the ideas coming though!
:) True. But it could be done in the same way Wazers edit maps: authorized users can report speed limits, that should be confirmed by following Wazers. It could be started at the beginning on freeways and highways (both major and minor); and we could imagine a colour code for the speed icon also for the "uncovered" roads: for example , blue when there are no validate speed limits, green for correct speed (or below), yellow for speed near the limit (or uncertain), and red when the ticket is sure 8-) .
AntonellaSambo
Send a message

Post by bgodette
fvwazing wrote:I am not sure what a "maximum average" looks like. But I am quite sure I do no want that connected to my chances to get fined.
In the minimum of 1008* average buckets per week there will be one bucket that's got the largest number, and as you mentioned this number probably has very little correlation to the posted speed limit in most countries.

*There could be more than 1008 buckets per week, but that is the minimum number for what can be seen using the widget.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by dknight212
Only with a uniform distribution.

David using Tapatalk
dknight212
Send a message

Post by dmcconachie
mmbe wrote:Slightly off topic, but i have noticed the speedometer on Waze is 2 miles slower than the digital speedometer in my car. Has anyone else noticed a difference or should i get my speedometer checked out?
Standard, your speedo is legally required to not show you going slower than you actually are so manufacturers err on the side o caution. It's better with newer models but I've seen older cars be overstated by 10%.
Satnav devices have no such legal requirement so will typically be more accurate (YMMV so always best to side with the car speedo if you're not sure)

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by floppyrod84
Of course, hence the word average lol it's obvious to me anyway :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by fvwazing
You realize that you are faster than average HALF the time?
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
iahim wrote:
fvwazing wrote:You realize that you are faster than average HALF the time?
Not if they use the maximum average speed for the segment. Waze records the average speed at 10-15 minutes intervals, so by using the maximum of those averages, all rush hour traffic, accidents, etc. would be filtered out.

You realize that, in every interval, you are faster than the average for that interval HALF the time?
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by fvwazing
I am not sure what a "maximum average" looks like. But I am quite sure I do no want that connected to my chances to get fined.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by GPSRitter
Ciao Antonella,

This could be a quite nice feature.
I would wote for that too.

cheers
GPSRitter