Post by kentsmith9
CBenson wrote:I don't think you're linking to the public forum.
You are correct. Thanks for noticing my error. I fixed it in the mean time.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Spil
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:I ran into a few of these today, done by iradwaze. Is s/he a paid editor, map tester or??
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lon ... 3,66347390

Iradwaze is putting in roundabouts as col-de-sacs. I don't want to kill them if they are trying to test the software.
iradwaze is Waze Staff. I've had to fix a lot of things that this person did incorrectly and locked -- usually when I see a "Level (6) Unlock Needed" in the Unlock Requests board, it's either iradwaze or nata365 that's to blame. Just sayin' ;)
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by thefatveganchef
Best way to handle them is to be sure that loop has two nodes. Waze will be able to route them.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
AndyPoms wrote:
crazycomputingdotnet wrote:Best way to handle them is to be sure that loop has two nodes. Waze will be able to route them.
For something that small (or at least how small it appears in the images) why not just treat it like a dead end street?

Now, for bigger ones, sure make the extra loop in the road with the extra junction node in there...
I was referring to gsogeek's question about larger loops. cul-d-sacs and the like the loop / roundabout gets deleted and the segment expanded if needed.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
I can set up a roundabout in my pasture and in 3 months when the roads are live I can drive on it and see what happens.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
I set up a couple of roundabouts. Both with one road going to the bout. One with an extra node in the middle of it.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
Going to PM them to you. On my property.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
I am about to go home from work myself. I just built them an hour ago, they are not live.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
I ran into a few of these today, done by iradwaze. Is s/he a paid editor, map tester or??
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lon ... 3,66347390

Iradwaze is putting in roundabouts as col-de-sacs. I don't want to kill them if they are trying to test the software.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
Thanks, I suppose they have their own test environment for those types of things. Will not proceed with caution.
thefatveganchef
Send a message