1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Unlock request in "no city name", Washington

Post by adrienseattle
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following object(s).
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... s=54842154

Reason: Short Explanation of why:
The road is seasonally closed due to snow; It has NOT opened yet. Both Waze and Google, maps and navigation, show this route as open. Furthermore, they both suggest taking it as the primary route from anywhere north, like the greater Seattle area, which is basically everybody. This results in 6 hour detour on a 3hr drive. Do you see how that is a problem?

Why do I need Level 3 access to mark a road as seasonally closed??? Can't I do this in the app normally; if there were any cell phone reception out there, which there isn't, so here were are having this discussion. Are you annoyed yet, I am.

Unlock to level: 3

Thank you in advance user who solves,
Adrien Renaud
adrienseattle

POSTER_ID:17988018

Send a message

Post by NJMedic2535
Unfortunately, Waze Staff have determined that durable closures (entered via the editor) can only be placed by editors Rank 3 and above.
Furthermore, closures submitted from the app can only last a few days at most. Those closures may or may not reach the live map depending on several back-end factors as well.

In WA there are a tremendous amount of seasonal closures that are not published - if you have a reliable source that publishes this one, let us know and we'll add it to the list we monitor.

I'm very confused as to why Waze would be using this road as a primary route from Seattle to points south. I'd like to look into this further.
Do you have 'avoid freeways' set to on?
Is this section of the FS road paved or dirt?

Thanks!

PS - We've also got a Discord Chat for WA/Pacific Northwest editors - you can join via https://discord.me/wazenwr ! It's a great way to connect to our Area Managers, State Managers, and Regional Coordinators. We even have a Global Champ or two pop in from time to time!

Some useful references:
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message