Post by Daz_Kayak
I always usually put plr's in , makes it more complete I think.
Daz_Kayak
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
For some reason, I can't set the brand at this Tesco's. When I click the brand drop-down box, there are no brands to choose from.

https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&l ... TTTTTTTTFT

In case there is something funny about the taken-on data here, I tried creating a brand-new station nearby, but got the same problem. I've done dozens of petrol stations without hitting this problem, and I'm still not getting it in other areas. Speculating wildly, perhaps Waze doesn't recognise Somerset as part of the UK, and so doesn't know which brands to offer?

Any ideas/solutions?

PS and yes this is a long way from my normal area. However, I've done all my local stations, and I do have editing rights for part of Minehead due to a day trip, so I though I'd help out in a part of the country where there doesn't seem to be anyone local editing petrol stations.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 5
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
I would have thought I would have edited and reshaped.

I've tried Gareth's suggestion, and it appears to work well. Right up to the point at which I move the petrol station to the coast, and then the brand disappears. :(

So I speculate that the brand of a taken-on station would disappear too if the boundaries were reshaped.

Anyway, nothing I can do with it now, and it sounds like nobody else will be able to either until the bug is fixed.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
dmcconachie wrote:Retry Gareth suggestion. The brand does stick, sometimes takes a couple of tries though
Well I'm afraid I can't get it to work for me. I've tried various permutations, and I always get stumped with "an error occurred while saving".

However, one interesting feature is that when I move the station inline, Tesco automatically appears as the brand. It's just that it disappears again when I move the station back to the right place.

So I am hopeful that the data is actually correct (with the brand having been set when the Tesco data was loaded), and it's just a display problem.

Anyway, I refuse to worry about it anymore until Waze fix the bug.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
CTCNetwork wrote:Just a note on this, when searching for a petrol station at such "service station areas" where there is a service station for each side of the motorway, which station do you select? You get the option to add prices for both but there is no distinction for either one.
If they ever get round to fixing the bug which stops the name and address of the petrol station from being displayed, then hopefully it will then be obvious which station to select.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Timbones wrote:The Petrol Checker is at 47% now. Maps have been updated.
Anyone still plugging away at these? I confess, I've not done any for a while.
I've done all in my area, but I have just driven somewhere new today, so maybe I'll be able to do a few more.

If, that is, Waze recognises me and extends my map update rights. At one petrol station today, it told me that I was only a "baby wazer" and couldn't put in any prices! :o

Leaving aside the fact that my correct status hasn't been "baby" for some months, why are we are trying to piss off new people by not letting them update prices? Not letting them edit maps without some experience, I can understand. But how much experience is necessary to input a petrol price? If I were a genuine baby wazer, I think I would have hit the app-delete button. :evil:
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
dmcconachie wrote:I wasn't actually aware of any such restriction on baby wazers?!
Neither was I until it temporarily gave me "baby" status!
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Timbones wrote:our top petrol station editor ditchi56, who's completed 377 stations so far!
And feeling it will all have been a waste of time if Waze don't reinstate the full price display on the main listing. :(
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
I've stopped bothering with petrol prices until the new 'feature' which means they only last two days is removed.

(OK, yes, I know I can see the prices by selecting the station from the list and then selecting "info", but this is too much hassle. I want all the prices at one touch, not three per station.)

By the way, has anybody got any information from Waze on when this bug is going to be removed?
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ditchi56
Timbones wrote:Update on the disappearing prices issue: Waze say they will now keep prices for 2 weeks, instead of 2 days. Seems more reasonable.
Well that's better. It will make the feature worthwhile again. I'd still prefer a longer period.

Longer term, could they please look at giving the user control? Add to the Settings / Petrol Stations panel a field along the lines of "display prices up to age ..... nn days".

Then people could adjust according to personal preference, and also adjust according to the frequency of update in the area they are in and the current stability of petrol prices - at the moment my local prices have been pretty constant for more than two weeks.
ditchi56
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message