Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Waze & AppRadio2

Post by izrod
Hello all,

Apologies if this post is not in the right sub-forum.

I am heavily contemplating buying a new head unit for my car (my birthday will be in less than a month). And as far as I know, at present, Waze is only compatible with Pioneer's AppRadio (SPH-DA01/DA02) and AppRadio 2 (SPH-DA100). I have read reviews all over the internet (Amazon, Crutchfield, BestBuy, forums, etc.) and even though I love the concept I am getting more and more discouraged by the negative feedback posted by some users as to the usability of AppRadio2 with iPhone, it's constant warnings, issues and whatnot.

I then started researching other vendors and stumbled on JVC's KW-AV70BT and KW-AV60BT receivers. They are, for all intents and purposes, precisely what I need. But Waze is not compatible with any of the JVC units.

So my questions would go out to those that have AppRadio2 installed and working with an iPhone 4/4s (got 4s) and to the Waze developers:
1. What issues and/or gripes have you experienced with AppRadio2?
2. Should I get AppRadio2 or are there any other brands that are compatible and work better?
2. Are there any plans, or work in progress, to update Waze to be compatible with more models from various vendors? Time frame, if any?

P.S. I would like to extend my gratitude to the hard work that all the developers and the community put in this great product! :D

Thank you!
izrod

POSTER_ID:3679453

Send a message

Post by dcnativeinmd
i have a AppRadio DA02 and can't get waze onto the display. i get the emergency brake message with the OK - but i have the brake relay bypass. and the OK button does not work. I used to have carmediaplayer working to the display but that doesn't work now either.
are there firmware uppdates for DA02?
are there updates to make Da02 compaitble with new ios?
dcnativeinmd
Send a message

Post by NatefromRI
I am happy to report that Waze sends video to the JVC KW-AV60BT from the iPhone (4S is the one I have). I was pleasantly surprised tonight to discover this.
NatefromRI
Send a message

Post by Scorp42
I have a pioneer avh-p8400bh, and Waze works fine with it. Its not just limited to appradio and appradio2. Its any pioneer radio with "advanced app mode" ( as opposed to just "app mode")

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Scorp42
Send a message
iPhone 4 (AT&T GSM)
iOS 6.0.1 - nonjailbroken
Waze - 3.5.1.998