Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Forum to submit Unlock and Update Requests in Australia.
Contributers are to follow the there stated rules.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post.
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated.
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Include your editor rank
5. Thank the user who solved the request (thumbs-up button) and mark the thread Solved when verified complete (checkmark/accept answer button).

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Fortitude Valley, Queensland Unlock request

Post by Thunderballs87
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following segment(s).
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/editor?env=row&lat=-27 ... =306611416
Reason: Morning all, need to update Gregory Tce and the surrounding side streets to reflect the Ekka closures from 28/7 - 20/8. I was routed through here last night and got stuck, I tried to use the app road closure feature but after fumbling on the side of the road I gave up and figured it'd be easier with a keyboard and mouse! Apologies if an unlock isn't the correct way to do this, I enabled the road closure layer and it does state level 4 is required though. Thanks again and sorry if this is a newbie mistake. If someone with more experience and skill would rather make these updates given the importance of these roads I won't be offended at all haha! 
Unlock to level: 1

Thank you in advance,

Thunderballs87

POSTER_ID:17998089

Send a message

Post by BeastlyHaz
Hi Thunderballs87,

The ability to add a closure is only available for editors who are at least level 4 or some level 3’s who have been given closure permission.

I am not at a computer right now but I will be able to have a look and add the closures around 3pm today. I’ll let you know once they’ve been added.

Thanks for letting me know about the missing closure,
BeastlyHaz

BeastlyHaz
Beta tester
Beta tester
Answers: 5
Send a message

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
WME Beta Community Coordinator
Area Manager | SE & N Queensland, Australia
Join me and other Australian editors on the Australian Discord Server

Post by BeastlyHaz
I have now added the closures.

Could you check to see if the closures I have added are accurate. For this event QldTraffic wasn't very specific what roads on the list were closed and what ones just had changed traffic conditions.

Thanks,
BeastlyHaz

BeastlyHaz
Beta tester
Beta tester
Answers: 5
Send a message

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
WME Beta Community Coordinator
Area Manager | SE & N Queensland, Australia
Join me and other Australian editors on the Australian Discord Server

Post by Thunderballs87
Thanks mate,
Here's the link to the official closure info including the surrounding side streets if this helps make the editing easier for you! I should have done it last night when I was there through the app but it's closure tool is so clunky I couldn't make sense of it!

https://qldtraffic.qld.gov.au/?id=403188

Google maps shows the Gregory Tce closure pretty well but not the side street closures. You can enter Gregory Tce from the west still however you are diverted right down Costin St, the only open section is that first 100m or so, guessing to maintain access to the old museum site and into the back streets south of the showgrounds.

Happy Friday!

Jordan

Thunderballs87
Send a message

Post by Thunderballs87
Hey mate,

Looks spot on from what I saw last night driving through. I also got the push notification advising of the closure, thanks again for putting this on.

You'd think the government could provide a simple map for us to use outlining exact closure and whatnot instead of the vague instructions they currently have hey!

Have a good weekend,
Jordan :)
Thunderballs87
Send a message