These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Are there fees or licensing or any restrictions for using Waze for non personal (work)?

Post by usa_sj7sdw1r
Would a company of any size or amount of users have any restrictions for using Waze in a work environment? In the range of 120+ users?

I am trying to find anything in the terms and conditions that I could reference as evidence, and if not to find out what fees or licensing would be required.

Thank you!

usa_sj7sdw1r

POSTER_ID:17999303

Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Hi, this is what I found on the Terms of service:
You may use the Service solely for private and personal purposes. You may not use the Service commercially. For example, you may not: (i) offer to third parties a service of your own that uses the Service; (ii) resell the Service; (iii) offer to rent or lease the Service; or (iv) offer the Service to the public via communication or integrate it within a service of your own, without the prior written consent of Waze. For clarity, the examples listed are made for illustrative purposes only; they do not constitute an exhaustive list of restricted activities involving the Service.

So I guess you should be a little bit more specific about the use case and contact Waze directly for their consent, to be on the safe side.

Where carpool is available, Waze partners with companies, for example.

bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by bedo2991
Through waze.com/contact I've found this form that may be helpful.
As they would be using Waze as "normal users" for navigating, I don't think that Waze will have any problem with it.
bedo2991
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by usa_sj7sdw1r
bedo2991 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:02 pm Hi, this is what I found on the Terms of service:
You may use the Service solely for private and personal purposes. You may not use the Service commercially. For example, you may not: (i) offer to third parties a service of your own that uses the Service; (ii) resell the Service; (iii) offer to rent or lease the Service; or (iv) offer the Service to the public via communication or integrate it within a service of your own, without the prior written consent of Waze. For clarity, the examples listed are made for illustrative purposes only; they do not constitute an exhaustive list of restricted activities involving the Service.

So I guess you should be a little bit more specific about the use case and contact Waze directly for their consent, to be on the safe side.

Where carpool is available, Waze partners with companies, for example.

That’s good info, thank you. I did reach out to first level customer support and got some generic reply, I’m hoping my follow-up gets me to the appropriate contact, or I might try sales even though it’s not related to advertising.

In our case we aren’t profiting off Waze, it would be placed on corporate phones and could be used at the employee’s discretion for navigation but it’s still navigation related to work.

Those conditions are written in a way that it’s really at Waze’s discretion.
usa_sj7sdw1r
Send a message