Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by krankyd
I've checked the examples given at the beginning of this thread and I can see them on the livemap. I didn't check all of them on the client, but they should be there as well.
@m_linc - If you notice something you can send us a clear example - which POI did you use (what type)? permalink of the location in cartouche? etc...
and you know we do our best to solve each problem. Here we did a lot of work to allow POIs to be visible on the client maps as well, but if there are still problems - please let us know
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by m_linc
well...i dont see them too...but the best thing is that they are trying to ADD more layers...more options to client...and map....but THEY dont fix old...and some more old BUGS....ok...add something new...and you will add also NEW BUGS.....great job!
m_linc
Send a message

Post by m_linc
i would like that you clear all bugs at last version...that is my wish..

and also posibility not to just add house numbers from client...also that we can add street adres...that is the best and more corrcet that what can find on internet....
m_linc
Send a message

Post by MarkOnTheRoads
I often have to switch over to Live Map and then back to Update Map to get working again after I create or update any landmarks.
MarkOnTheRoads
Send a message
Nexus 5X
Murfreesboro, TN

Post by naesstrom
Same here, never seen any of the landmarks I added, not even in the newest Android version.
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
support wrote:Good morning!
Please note that we are upgrading the grid as we speak, so some changes may be delayed.

I would like you to post here some permalinks of landmarks that you added to map but are not showed in the client.

thanks,

waze support team.
Some of these landmarks was added a long time back, but still no-show in the client.

4 landmarks: http://bit.ly/cj0u6Y
Another bunch: http://bit.ly/bI6z7m

It would be really great to see them in the client, maybe even add a new menu to select what categorys you would like to see, ie. Restaurants, gas stations etc.
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
krankyd wrote:sorry about the confusion. Landmarks are still not visible in the client maps - we are working on adding them.
Thanks for the reply, I'm pretty sure we're all really looking forward to it! kind of brings more life into the cities that we worked so hard to build!
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by naesstrom
FrisbeeDog wrote:I'm having issues changing some of the descriptions of the landmarks to the newly defined types. Specifically when I try to change the type of a landmark to a restaurant, Cartouche just keeps trying to update but never finishes. I eventually give up and close the window and reopen, but the landmark is then defaulting to being a kiosk.

Other times when I try to update the type of a landmark, I get a similar issue with Cartouche hanging. However, when it is something like a school Cartouche hangs, but when I close out and reopen it is set correctly as a school.
I have kind of the same problem when adding landmark points, ie. entrances etc. Cartouche just keeps working and after a few minutes I can set the type and save it!
naesstrom
Send a message

Post by robin1979
support wrote:Hi,

you can already see the landmarks in the client.

Thanks,
support team
Nope, never seen them, only visible on the livemap.
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by robin1979
All landmarks showing here are not visible in the client:
http://world.waze.com/livemap/?zoom=7&l ... yers=BTTTT
robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe