Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Timbones
SeveriorumPatrem wrote:Alternatively, is there anyone here with routine access to ArcGIS willing to do those conversions every once in a while if we ask really nice and don't do it too often?
I have ArcGIS and can do conversions for you, although it might not get done for a few weeks...
Send me a PM with details, and I'll (eventually) look into it.

:ugeek:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
nidnarb wrote:Only one thing, it possible to make the script remember the last imports so when you refresh you dont have to go and grab the file again??
Unfortunately, for security reasons, browsers don't allow scripts to load local files directly without user interaction. The only available solution is to store the entire file in "local storage", but I'm reluctant to do that as they can be very large. (As I mentioned previously)
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
As requested by several people, I've updated the script to show labels for larger geometry files, up to 2500. I've not tested it much, but I think it will probably be okay for most people. It will also now show a label for the first attribute it finds that starts or ends with 'name'. Please comment here with feedback.

If you need to tweak the script, then the variables maxlabels and labelname at the top of the file might be useful to you.

See Greasyfork for latest version. I'll update the Chrome version whenever I can get around to it.

:ugeek:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
RussPA wrote:Thanks for the update, but using the Census data (https://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/da ... place.html), now shows like this:
EDIT: kml_cousub shows names if I increase maxlabels. How high can that be set before you think it might cause issues?
Thanks for posting with example files. The kml_place file really does have the text "<at><openparam>" in the name fields. The best approach here is to do a search and replace in a text editor to remove them. (You'll actually need to search for "<at><openparam>" and "<closeparam>").

I have no idea what the upper limit of maxlabels is. It really depends on the capability of your machine...
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Waze had updated WME to use a newer version of OpenLayers (to 2.13.1), so this script was refusing to patch in the extra functionality it needs (copied from 2.12).

I've updated WME Geometries to v1.4 so it loads the appropriate functions from Cloudflare CDN, for whichever version of OpenLayers WME is using.

This should mean that you should be able to load KML, GML and GPX files again.

Let me know if you experience problems... :ugeek:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
la-colle wrote:In the latest beta release of WME I obtain that error in firefox
This is fixed in version 1.5.

:geek:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
Thanks to Twister-UK, WME Geometries v1.6 will now remember files you've loaded in previous sessions, unless they are too big. The localStorage is limited to 5Mb, so script uses compression when storing geometries.

Warning: storing large geometry files will cause WME to take longer to initialise. Remember to clear them when they're no longer required

Initialisation issue may also be fixed, but I've not tested it thoroughly.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
gareth71 wrote:(Edit: scrub that, found v1.6 for Chrome on GreasyFork after a bit of searching. First post in this thread should probably make it clear that the Chrome version lives there, and not at the Chrome Web Store link given.)
Thanks for the feedback - I've updated the first post to only link to Greasyfork.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
New in v1.7: a button to draw the state boundary - it's a very basic feature that could be better, but will do for now.

If this is useful to people, then I might improve it in a future version. Ideas include automatically drawing/removing boundaries as states come in/out of view, though this might add a performance penalty.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by TSD66
DauserShenkt wrote: I like this idea. I have found that I can import 2 x 50 feature files but not 1 x 100.

Timbones: Is this a figure we can manipulate locally?
I ran some tests using Firefox; the number of features within one single track can be manipulated by altering line 159 of the script and it seems the default value of 50 can be increased to 255 (that's 2^8 - 1) at least.

Johnny
TSD66
Emeritus Local Champ
Emeritus Local Champ
Send a message