Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
1. Include the city and state in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. Thank the user who solved the request and mark the thread Solved.

Please note that a higher level editor may choose to fix an unlock request themselves so higher value segments will remain protected at their level.

Forum rules
1. Include the city and FULL state name in the "Subject:" line of your post
2. Include a Permalink to the segment(s) you wish to unlock or have updated
3. Provide a short explanation of why you need the unlock or update done.
4. When completed, THANK the user who solved the request and mark the thread SOLVED.

Unlock request in Seattle, Washington

Post by playday
Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following segment(s).
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&l ... s=83265669
Reason: There are many connections that are not shown on the Waze map between the separated east and west side of E Marginal Way S. These connections are under 99, and are therefore not visible with an aerial view. I have a business in the area and it would be very helpful to have these connections shown.
Unlock to level:1
I am level 1.

Thank you in advance,

playday

POSTER_ID:3687755

Send a message

Post by dude463
Unlocked.
Please let us know when you're done.
dude463
Send a message
First I learned how to draw lines on a map. Now I must learn the art of Feng-ShWaze.

Post by NJMedic2535
I've relocked the segments that needed locking, however your work there is not yet done.
Notice the segments are red?
All segments in Waze must have a name/city name or have the 'none' box checked or they're incomplete and remain unused.
Also, please check the segment types - the segment between the minor highway and street is probably correct as a 'local street' type, but since you've been there ... if traffic shouldn't be using this path under the highway Parking Lot Road would be more appropriate. (I don't see any signs on street view, but I know things have changed recently.)

Thanks!

PS - I would like to see you connected to the community of map editors sharing tips, tricks, and best practices for really making the map work for Wazers. Please reply to this PM to find out more. And remember to check in on the in-editor chat the next time you edit -- introduce yourself as a new editor, and you'll get plenty of help.

We've also got a Discord Chat for WA/Pacific Northwest editors - you can join via https://discord.me/wazenwr ! It's a great way to connect to our Area Managers, State Managers, and Regional Coordinators. We even have a Global Champ or two pop in from time to time!

Remember, the overal goals of the Waze map are Useability, Simplicity and Retention - the fourth link below goes into much more detail.

Welcome to Waze editing and thanks for your help with the map!

-NJMedic2535 (Greg)
State Manager - New Jersey
State Manager - Washington

Some useful references:
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by playday
Will do ... I'll bring my computer down there so that I can make edits and be sure of exact directions. I'll respond again once I've made the updates.

Thanks for your help!
playday
Send a message

Post by playday
Thank you for unlocking this segment. I have made the necessary changes and saved them. The section can now be relocked.

I appreciate your assistance.
playday
Send a message