Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Lost Points

Post by sjbayer3
Hi guys,

I took a big trip from Orange County to Fresno area in central california. I was really excited to help road munch, and hopefully fix a few mistakes.

Sadly, after I amassed about 15k points (from about 7500) my points completely reset after a waze crash.

So I reloaded it (after being reset to 7500ish), and amassed to about 11k or 12k, and I was satisfied that I had at least recovered a few.

Today, when I continued my drive, I logged in, and had about 7800 points. Which means I lost about 4-5 hours of driving points.

Any way I can get them recovered or does it not work like that?

Thanks for the help anyways :) Long live waze
sjbayer3

POSTER_ID:1986

Send a message

Post by jaypee784
I am always losing points too it seems. Especially the last few days, every time I open Waze, all the points from my last drive are gone... arrgh!
jaypee784
Send a message

Post by KW33D
Your client is not losing points. Your GPS coordinates are uploaded to the server and the server decides if you actually get the points.

For example sometimes Waze says I am on a different street (on that gives me points) than I am really on. The server knows the street I was really on and will not give me points for the street I was never really on.

This is just one example of why points change sometimes.

Also the server can take several days or more to calaulate your points and then add those to your total score. So don't think you actually lost points, they are just being processed OR Waze was giving you too many to begin with and the server corrected the mistake :)
KW33D
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by sketch
Waze is continually sending data back and forth, so your points are most likely on the server. I'd say give it a week or so.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by speedwazer
well said. if a wazer believes that this is not the case and they are still losing points, then the best way to handle is to contact the support team at alpha@waze.com.
-Rob
speedwazer
Send a message