Dangerous routing I-5 NB downtown Seattle

Post by Jijilalech
Waze frequently gives me a route entering I-5 NB from Mercer St then exiting at Lakeview Blvd E exit 168A. This requires crossing four lanes of freeway traffic in about 300 meters. I have found it often impossible and always dangerous to attempt this. Waze should not be routing drivers this way.
Jijilalech

POSTER_ID:17519101

Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
The avoid difficult turn option should be on by default. I'm not sure why yours was turned off.
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by Jijilalech
Thanks. I just enabled it. Still mere mortals using the app will not know to do that and will be put in the frustrating position of being directed to do something impossible or dangerous.
Jijilalech
Send a message

Post by Nagamasa
Hi, this routing is already marked as a difficult turn between 6am-8pm. Please check that you have this option selected.
Nagamasa
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/c3s.png
AM4: North Bay (+Sacramento +Stockton), CA
AM4: Northwestern Washington
Beta tester for WME & Android

Post by NJMedic2535
Jijilalech wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:08 pm Thanks. I just enabled it. Still mere mortals using the app will not know to do that and will be put in the frustrating position of being directed to do something impossible or dangerous.

Unfortunately we must leave all legal options open in Waze and let the driver decide in real-time.
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message