These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Stuck in Invisible mode

Post by
There is no invisible mode toggle showing under "privacy" so how do I switch the mode on and off?

POSTER_ID:18004882

Send a message

Post by andypetri
eariam - wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:49 pm

andypetri
Send a message

Post by av8rAl787
turns out it is an age thing. My problem is I can not find the means to change DOB.
Any suggestions? It is not an option in my profile in settings.
av8rAl787
Send a message

Post by Callumgm
Omg that was the problem for me this whole ass time guess its age restricted
Callumgm
Send a message

Post by dinoalfie
TheRealBrush wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:58 pm I’m having the exact same issue. 
sometimes it’s there, and I switch it off, then I find I’m invisible again, and the switch doesn’t show!

However, with further testing and messing, I’ve found that if I put my iPhone into airplane mode and then start the app, the switch WILL show!
so I switch it off & turn airplane mode off, but then Waze can’t find a network. 
Restart Waze, and it connects immediately but I’m invisible again, and there’s no frigging switch!

Honestly, this app is a joke!

(Very latest iOS app version)

Same this is really annoying as I was just about to start using the app again 😤 

dinoalfie
Send a message

Post by eariam
I had the same problem with no switch to turn incognito off.

Go to settings, account/login and check your date of birth. Mine was set to the year I installed the app (2021) changed it to the correct year and the switch appeared.

Maybe it's age restricted.

Hope it helps.

eariam
Send a message

Post by freddie7171
Mine is the same. The toggle has disappeared since last update 

freddie7171
Send a message

Post by Hilbo
dinoalfie wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:12 pm
TheRealBrush wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:58 pm I’m having the exact same issue. 
sometimes it’s there, and I switch it off, then I find I’m invisible again, and the switch doesn’t show!

However, with further testing and messing, I’ve found that if I put my iPhone into airplane mode and then start the app, the switch WILL show!
so I switch it off & turn airplane mode off, but then Waze can’t find a network. 
Restart Waze, and it connects immediately but I’m invisible again, and there’s no frigging switch!

Honestly, this app is a joke!

(Very latest iOS app version)

Same this is really annoying as I was just about to start using the app again 😤 

This technique works. Closed the app, switched to airplane mode, reopened the app and toggle button reappeared. My DOB (set to 2007 when I joined) had no impact. Weird glitch but thanks for the tip!

Hilbo
Send a message

Post by jm6087
TKri65 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:00 am It’s age restricted. 

Once you turned 18+, you will get access to the invisible switch. You can still change your date of birth and get access to the switch.

Hope this helps 

Using a false DOB is a violation of the terms of use policy. I would not recommend doing this. 
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by KuniaKid
Tap on "My Waze" at the lower right side of map screen. The tap on your name at the top of the history list.
IMG_67D78C1EA418-1.jpeg
(455.64 KiB) Downloaded 1588 times

KuniaKid
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message