Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by vtpearce
I'll add it to the list.
vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vtpearce
New versions of WAL and all the plugins have just been posted.

Wide-Angle Lens v1.5.5
  • Mostly just behind-the-scenes improvements. Hopefully handles errors better.
Cities v1.2.2
  • Option to include alt names in the results.
  • Option to check only the primary city or include alt names.
Locks v1.3.1
  • Option to include alt names in the results.
Map Comments v1.0.0
  • Filter by the created by user
  • More granularity on the expiration date filter
Places v1.4.1
  • Option to include alt names in the results
  • Report places with no external providers
  • Report places with no entry/exit points
  • Report gas stations with no brand set
  • Filter by type of parking lot
  • Filter by created/modified timestamp
  • Filter by created by user
  • PLA type added to output
Streets v1.6.3
  • Option to include alt names in the results
  • Report ramps with speed limits
  • Report streets with no city
  • Additional street attribute filters (i.e. tunnel, near HOV, toll, etc)
  • Filter by created/modified timestamp
  • Filter by created by user
  • Filter by lane guidance established or not
There are still a bunch of other requests that I'm evaluating and working on.

If you have any issues or requests, please feel free to post them hear. You can also post them on the GitHub repo: https://github.com/WazeDev/WME_Wide-Angle_Lens
vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vtpearce
Just posted a new version of the Places plugin (v1.4.2). Fixed an issue that prevented the Lock Level operation (=, <>) from being restored from saved settings.
Also added a new feature that allows you to filter on the website of a place. Filter is a regular expression (like city and name).
vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vtpearce
Hey everyone! I've just posted a new version of the Streets plugin (1.6.11) that will allow you to detect loops.
As always, let me know if there are any issues!
vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vtpearce
GerardterBeke wrote:Is there a way to filter for roads which were paved through the app, but not edited yet?
Just now catching up on the forum posts. That feature was added back around February. Use the "newly paved" issue.
vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vtpearce
Mapman44 wrote:Thanks for a great script!

Would it be possible to add a search for closed segments? In a recent winter storm there so many closures that it was difficult to keep them organized.

Thanks.
Added this one back in February too - use the "Has closures" issue.
vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vtpearce
YanisKyr wrote:I tried exporting Places including alternative names today but it turns out lines with alternative names seem to shift - alternative names push the cells further to the right:
So I investigated a bit deeper, and the Alt Names values are not wrapped in quotes so Excel and the likes see the "internal" commas as the delimiter:
Thanks for the heads up. I've just fixed this and pushed out a new version of the Places plugin (1.4.4).
vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vtpearce
I've just posted a new version of the Streets plugin (1.7.0) that adds the ability to detect streets that either do or do not have a shield.
vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vtpearce
phuz wrote:How about adding a filter for segments w/wo Turn Instructions ?
Just pushed version 1.7.2 of the Streets plugin with this feature added.
vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by vtpearce
I apologize, everyone, for not being more responsive on this thread. I had set things up to get notified anytime there was a post but apparently that got lost when we moved to the new forum. I'll try to be more attentive.

In case you haven't noticed, I've fixed the problems with the zoom levels (just now posted a fix to the zoomLevel= query string parameter on PLs).
I've also gotten rid of the different zoom levels based on the segment types selected. WAL will now zoom in to the closest level regardless of segment types. This was due to the fact that turn instruction information is only available at the higher zoom levels. The unfortunate side effect is that scans will take longer.

I've also just now released an update that allows unicode to be used in regular expressions. Use \u{####} to indicate a unicode character. Keep in mind that certain regular expression anchors (like \b for a word boundary) don't play well with unicode.

vtpearce
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message