How to Edit My Drives?

Post by tryzub
I watched the Waze video for Map Editors and checked the FAQ's, but I can't find how to edit my own drives. For example, if Waze suggests a turn and it's not going to get me where I want to go, I want to be able to open the map editor on my notebook and make the change. No need to wait on someone to respond.

When I click on Drives, I don't seem to get the options for when I click on a reported issue. What am I doing wrong?

tryzub

POSTER_ID:18005558

Send a message
Last edited by tryzub on Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Inactive user -1697532064-
Can you be a little more specific on the issue that needs to be fixed in the map? Many roads are locked, and we are happy to unlock them for you to correct something.

The drives tab, however, is just a record of you GPS data while having the Waze app open. This data cannot be edited, but it is used to allow you to edit the map in areas close to where you have driven.
Inactive user -1697532064-
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
Galaxy S20 FE on Mint
Retired SM Ohio
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
-John 8:32

Post by daveacincy
As Karto said, the drives tab just shows the actual route that you drove. You can look at the road segments on the path that you think would have worked better to see if there is something preventing that path. There are tools (add-ons) that can show you the path the routing server would pick to get between two points on the map, but theres a bit of setup and learning curve there.

When a user reports a map problem, it sometimes will display a portion of the route waze gave (purple) and the route they took (green). This is to help a responding editor understand the problem.

daveacincy  
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Send a message

Post by ldriveskier
If you would like to share a specific location and description of where you believe Waze routed you incorrectly, we can give more specific feedback on how to figure out the problem and how to fix it.

Also, if you would like to join the active editors in Ohio on our Great Lakes Region (GLR) Discord server, please click here. We're more than happy to assist you in a more efficient manner!

ldriveskier
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by tryzub
Sure, I want to see the turn that Waze told me to take. I only see the green route that I took. How do I correlate the two?

To say it another way, I want to correct the directions that Waze guided me to take. In this case, it said to turn into a parking lot that was adjacent to, but not open to, my final destination. I want to correct the turn-by-turn directions.

tryzub
Send a message