Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by OffMyAz
@RallyChris A sincere thank you for reading my question, understanding it, and providing a thoughtful answer. Again, sorry if it's been answered in this manner before.

One of my first thoughts when trying out the app was hey this is great, I`m gonna edit and correct maps like crazy for the benefit of all those like me who must find 80-100 addresses per day, 5 days a week. But this makes me very discouraged in doing that since the very places I would wish to find in Waze are typically the very ones that aren't already on a paper map (yes, my job still requires them and we are only minimally assisted by GPS). So this would render my particular efforts pointless for users like me *sigh*, the ones that need to find a street when other searches fail. Like most things in life, too good to be true.
OffMyAz
Send a message

Post by OffMyAz
Excellent news.
Now, to start a new thread because yesterday with my luck I found a map problem and can't for the life of me figure out how to fix it either :x Think I need an area manager (?) but can't find how to do that either. Waze is great when it works, when it doesn't it's a real pain for someone barely a "grownup". I`m teetering on the edge of just forgetting it and seeing how it is in a year. But thanks for the info.
OffMyAz
Send a message

Post by OffMyAz
You cannot do anything about it, that was the conclusion of this thread. I have since uninstalled and forgotten about Waze, only to be reminded by the fact I was subscribed to this thread.

Waze in theory should be the most amazing app ever, but in reality has too many issues. But when I come here to the forums I just feel like people are bothered by answering questions, not just my posts but reading answers to other posts ... not the most friendly group ... so forget it.

I've gotten along fine with Google Nav till now ... sure it doesn't have socially updated traffic and issues but it doesn't claim to. Waze DOES claim to, but it really doesn't either, at least to no amount of accuracy. I guess at least this app and it's usage could be an insight into human nature and how people are easily amused by reporting fictitious problems and hazards and getting useless points for it, while someone trying to do good by improving the map gets a Bing map in return. Please remind me of the point?

Ah look me ranting about an uninstalled app. How thoughtless of me. Good luck with Waze.
OffMyAz
Send a message

Post by OffMyAz
Unsubscribing
OffMyAz
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
Waze tried in base map countries to do it's own address lookup and due to issues with the source data, and an unclear way to update them via waze (there was a way, but it was cumbersome), they found that the results were a lot better by using external third party systems.

We (as in the other volunteer map editors that have been trying to answer your question) have requested that Waze give us a better internal solution, but at this time there isn't one.

A workaround is to tap and hold on the map where your address is, and you can save that point as a favorite. Yes it only works for you. Someone else searching for your address will still have issues, but at least it's a partial workaround. If you know someone is trying to use waze to get to you, you can share a destination with them via the application.
RallyChris
Send a message
Portland, OR / USA - Mega Mapper
Wiki: Area Manager | Map Editing | Known Issues List
Official Suggestion Websites (hosted by uservoice):
Waze Client | Waze Website / Editor
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/d/d9/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by RallyChris
Hopefully now that we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for the map tile process revamp, they can start working on the missing features in the map editor.

A local house number system is one of those features.
RallyChris
Send a message

Post by RallyChris
If you don't have perms or need guidance, best to start in the update request forum. Please follow the guidelines in the stickied thread.
RallyChris
Send a message

Post by vlastikw
I have the same issue in the Czech republic. I have added street 2 tiles updates before but street can't be found by any searcher in the app and in the web livemap. Although street can be found on the web in any searcher - bing, google, openstreetmaps,...

I am confused. What can I do more for the street being found?
vlastikw
Send a message

Post by vlastikw
Good news. Finally I can find my street in the android apps and in the webbrowsers live map, too.

I did nothing, only sit and wait. So my changes in editor was correct, I added street in map editor correctly.

Actually I did one thing. I wrote my problem to waze support and maybe they changed something. I have got one mail where I confirmed and explained my problem again and then a second mail if I can confirm that searching the street will find it now. That's all.

In the mean time, at least 3 or 4 tiles updates has been made in INTL server. Maybe it helped too, who knows.
vlastikw
Send a message