Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by Timbones
New WME didn't break this script, but here's an update anyway:

v1.20 - now with Vehicle Type. Select between Private car or Taxi for testing restrictions.

:ugeek:
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries

Post by Timbones
leocylau wrote:Tested this morning but the taxi mode doses not work. The routing still avoids the restriction.
Can you give a specific example? It was working for me when I tested some routes around Gateshead...
It is possible that either the restriction is not correct, or there's a [gasp] bug in the routing server.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
id35 wrote:I thought it could show the route as it is before the map tiles have been updated.
No, it shows the same route that the Livemap and the App will show, after tiles have been updated.

To see what instructions might be for individual junctions before map tiles update, have a look at Junction Angle Info.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
RafaCintron wrote:Are there any issues with roundabouts I should know about?
Indeed, these examples do look very peculiar. You see the same instructions on Livemap too, so it's a problem with Waze routing rather than this script.

[shrug]
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
I've added an experimental feature to v1.21 that will select the route segments for you.
Install from Greasyfork. Version 1.21 now also uploaded to Chrome.

Here's what the new feature looks like - it's a handy alternative to WME's path selection feature:
select_route.PNG
Select route segments
(7.86 KiB) Downloaded 1305 times
You may also be interested in this bookmarklet to Reselect Segments from Permalink.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
From Selecting multiple segments - YMMV
Wiki wrote:To select all segments between two other segments, first select a segment, then use alt+click (Linux users:ctrl+alt+click) to select a second segment. The editor will add to the selection group the segments in-between the first and second segments, based mostly on the street name, but also on simple straight lines.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
dckj wrote:any chance of getting the script to work with RBS
As this is a beta feature that only some testers have access to, probably not. We'll see.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
WazingArch wrote:I've noticed difference in road instructions (prompts) produced by the script and Live Map at roundabouts with certain configuration. Script produces different than Live Map instructions if entering and exiting segments are connected to one node on roundabout.
The Livemap doesn't show the exit numbers, and shows the same diagram regardless which direction you take. The Route Checker shows the same instructions from the routing server, but with more detail.

The real problem here is "entering and exiting segments are connected to one node on roundabout" - this is bad practice, and is causing Waze to give incorrect exit counts. IMHO, this junction has been made far more complicated than it needs to be. Better to have a single roundabout connecting to 4 simple 2-way roads. Drivers won't even notice.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
I'm not sure what you mean by "show up" but I have found that it is a little awkward to get started.
The way that I can get it to "show up" is, without any segments selected, click on "route speeds", then select my first segment, control-click to select second segment and then click again on the route speeds tab.[/quote]
WME Route Speeds is a different script.

To get WME Route Checker to appear, you just need to select 2 segments.
The version on Greasyfork is likely to work better than the one Chrome Web Store.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message

Post by Timbones
dBsooner wrote:Great script! I use it all the time! Have you considered making it use TIO’s? I have several routes that have TIO’s set to “keep”, but the routes script says “exit”.
Unfortunately, the routing information from Waze Livemap doesn't distinguish between 'keep' and 'exit' instructions, so nothing I can do about that. Sorry.
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message