You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate WME version release thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Forum rules
You MUST read the "[Guidelines] How to request and search for new features" before posting here.

If you think you've found a BUG, use the appropriate "Official Feedback" thread found in the Waze Map Editor forum (parent of this forum).

Color GPS points by age rather than by direction

Post by RichardPyne
For the GPS Points layer, the arrow already shows the direction, knowing the age would be a far more valuable use of the color. Knowing the age would be particularly helpful in areas where growth is changing the traffic patterns as the roads are updated. This is especially the case in rapid growth areas where the Satellite View and Street View are severely out of date. I have areas where the sat view is more than five years old and the SV is more than 10 years old if it even exists.
RichardPyne
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:17206010

Send a message

Post by FastAndFurious_DE
+1, this would be extremly valuable.
FastAndFurious_DE
Send a message

Post by Twister-UK
Upvoted for the overall idea of being able to tell the age of the historical GPS data, though I wouldn't like to see an end to the direction-based colouring given how useful this is in showing instantly whether a road is one or two way, and whether the flow of traffic in one direction is significantly higher than in the other. Whilst you're right that this information could be gleaned from the arrows themselves, these aren't particularly easy to see, and in areas where bidirectional tracks end up overlaid on one another, it could end up being impossible to tell them apart if the arrows were all the same colour.

So what I'd *love* for WME to provide is a GPS layer rendered on the fly from individual track data pulled from the server, where each track was individually timestamped. This way, WME could then provide natively (or via third part scripts initially if necessary) the ability to fine tune the GPS layer to show exactly what each editor wanted to see - e.g. all tracks over 2 months old, or all tracks captured between dates X and Y etc, or even all tracks captured between the hours of P and Q on the second Friday in each month...

Being realistic I suspect this isn't going to happen for a long time, if ever, so as a compromise I'd also be happy if the GPS layer remained pre-rendered but split into several sub-layers containing all the tracks for a shorter period of time. Turning on all of the sub-layers would then give the same end result as we have now with the single layer, but it would also then give us the ability to partially fine tune the layer based on track age, even though it wouldn't give us the complete control we'd have in my dream scenario.
Twister-UK
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Answers: 2
Send a message
Chris (not to be confused with Chris or Chris, or even Tim, Stu, or any of the other champs team...)
AM SE England & Shetland Islands, UK Local Champ, WME Beta Tester & ScriptMangler
WME/Livemap enhancement scripts @ GreasyFork

https://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/beta.pnghttps://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/s0400.pnghttps://chizzum.com/greasemonkey/images/c5s.png

Post by whatismoss
I agree with this. Altrough there should be a switch in the layers panel to swap between direction and age coloring
whatismoss
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message